“Best View in Vancouver”

Tap & Barrel - Olympic Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap & Barrel - Olympic Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 3,894 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southeast False Creek
Description: The heart of the neighbourhood - celebrating life with the best products that BC has to offer. We serve the province's best selection of local craft beer and premium wines on tap, and our regional food is locally sourced and made from scratch. Our home is your home... welcome to Tap & Barrel!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had the fish & chips. I have no idea how they get their french fries so crispy. Service was good and so is the beer.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed an afternoon at Tap and Barrel. We started inside but the sun came out so we moved to the upper patio overlooking false creek harbour, city views and the snow capped mountains. We enjoyed trying some different hand crafted brews along with some deep fried pickles, cobb salad and mushroom & arugula pizza. The patio has a laid back vibe with some lounge style settees and chill pillows and they provide blankets if you get a chill. Great service and we will definitely go back again. There is a great scenic waterfront walking trail should you like to work off your meal with some exercise after. Parking is limited in the area but if you are lucky enough to find a spot, it is 2 hours free.

1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited the Tap & Barrel last night for drinks and some food after work. Went with a friend that I get together with for beer regularly and we hit up different establishments around Vancouver. I live in the neighborhood and had been wanting to try out this place for a while.

Arrive after 5 pm and it was very busy, we sat upstairs at the bar. The atmosphere was lively and the view is spectacular with the water and the city lights. There were a lot of serving staff and they seem friendly and attentive, the bartender serving us seemed to know about the beers. I stuck with the Red Truck because it is a favorite but my friend tried about 4 different beers.

We ordered food including a burger and wings. I thought the food was good...good pub food, I know the other reviews here have stated that the food is overpriced and for pub food it is probably a couple dollars too expensive in my mind. It is the only place in the neighborhood so this could be part of the problem...if things go ahead and the second brew pub opens in the area things could change but this it's development if being protested by residents already.

Overall we had a good time and stayed for 3 and a half hours and it was still busy when we left. I would definitely return and for someone visiting from out of town I would recommend it for the view alone. Can't wait to go back in the summer and hang out on the patio which is massive.

1  Thank BrendanVancouver
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a new restaurant that opened in the Olympic Village. They have a large patio with a great view of the city. Nice atmosphere inside, although quite loud in the evening. TV's to play the game. The food is mediocre, for pub food. Due to the location, the price of the food is quite high and they have made no effort to make great food. Unfortunately, go there for the atmosphere and the view, but don't go there for good food.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Prior to leaving on an extended business trip, my girlfriend and I decided to leave our place at the Olympic Village and have a meal and drink at this new place across the way.

The hostess was pleasant enough and we were escorted to our places immediately.

However everything went down hill from there. Our server, while fitting the typical image of the Vancouver scene, was completely useless. Only until she heard my comments did she attempt to provide any service. She was more concerned with speaking to her co-workers. We were not asked once how our meal was. Even the beer was flat, likely coming from the bottom of the barrel.

The food was uninspired, and the flavours emitting from it was lacking in very sense. When I got home I wrote an email to the managers, explaining my experience and was hoping to get some feedback upon this. Not once did I ask for a refund or anything.

What did I get? Nothing. Not even a reply. Being in the corporate world for as long as I have, I think I can say that the people running this establishment know very little. It will succeed because they have nothing around the Village that can compete. But anyone with taste will go somewhere else.

If I could put 0/5 I would.

4  Thank George W