“Incredible Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Georgia
Description: SoL's authentic tapas and plates span the flavours of the Mediterranean, from the tapas bars of Spain and the bistros of France to the zouks of Morocco. Sun-kissed spices of the Mediterranean tickle your tastebuds. Beautiful, passionate food for a sustainable lifestyle. Chef Elatouabi takes pride in offering locally sources products, supporting BC's farmers, ranchers, and fishmongers. An approachable and reasonably priced wine list and a spacious, heated patio on Coal Harbour's seawall offer the perfect excuse to sit back and remember why you love Vancouver.
“Incredible Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been to many of Vancouver's finest restaurants, and without a shadow of a doubt, this is amongst them. It might be a little hard to find, but the location away from the strip of other restaurants downtown is very nice. The decor is very nice, and the staff are super friendly. I went there with a friend for a reservation and our table was not available yet. The manager came over immediately and offered to buy us drinks at the bar. A completely unnecessary, but well accepted gesture. The bar tender was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and drinks. We sat down and the belly dancing started. (i think it is on friday and saturday nights) which is a nice addition to the ambience. Enough talk about the decor and ambience. The food is to die for. i decided to go for the $38 three course meal, while my friend opted for the $28 dine out menu. Our dishes came, and all were amazing. The food was plated beautifully, and all of the flavors were mouth watering. Its clear that there is a moroccan flair. All of the food was incredible and the whole experience was great. We sat at a table by the window and had a very nice view of the boats and the harbor. Seriously under rated restaurant and a must go to for everyone.

• Visited February 2013

Seattle, WA
“Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's what everyone wants in a restaurant when dining in Vancouver: beautiful views - especially on the patio, elegant, tasty food, great prices and easy parking. What more can you ask for? PLUS there's live music on the weekends.There's simply nothing else that offers all of the above in one package. I drop by as often. It's now my go-to place to bring out-of-town visitors. It meets the fine balance of being quietly upscale yet unpretentious. The last time I was there with a friend, we stayed until closing even though we had planned only for a quick late night dinner. There aren't too many places you can go to in this city to enjoy jazz with a sprinkling of blues AND can relax, enjoy great drinks and have a conversation. The staff and owner Abdel Elatouabi are gracious and warm. Abdel, especially is an expert on pairing the best of wines that won't break the bank with healthy, delicious cuisine. This is a chef that truly cares about the customer - using the best, freshest ingredients with consideration for our pocketbooks. We always order the lobster and white bean appetizer. I'm usually a chocolate freak but when I dine here, I go for the lemon meringue dessert. It's like no other lemon meringue...

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great new find on the water in Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Some reviewer put the wrong city ( Victoria ) don't know how to edit that but took 10 guest there last night . Food was excellent . Drinks were slow coming ? We tried the mushroom bruschetta very good , the antipasto platter lovely, chicken phyllo roll ups , tasty , fry bread which we ordered 4 of ! Two types of dip weakest dishes lacking presentation & flavor . Also ordered three mains lamb, chicken & pork chop. All very tasty ( lamb the best) desserts ordered panacotta nice , chocolate mousse weak .
I highly recommend this restaurant & will go back for the live entertainment on the weekends

Van BC
“This is A Real Keeper!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This location, at the north end of Denman St, just a block north of West Georgia, has a great vantage point at the entrance of Stanley Park, in Coal Harbour, with views of the marina & seawall is a winner and this restaurant's Mediterranean cuisine is too. The locale has seen a few short lived restaurans -BravoBistro - by one of the current owners; Crime Lab, Six Degrees....The current owners Abdel Elatouabi and Gord Martin (Martin of Bin 941/942 and Go Fish) have teamed up to bring this restaurant into existence. The menu reflects their tastes and skills. I really hope the locals support it as the tourists fade when the rainy weather appears. The complimentary lightly spiced toasted chickpeas set the tone. We ordered a bottle of Kris Pinot Grigio when my husband & I dined there. I have had it by the glass when I dined there solo. The Nicoise Salad with seared albacore tuna, nugget potato, green beans, black olives, quail egg & white anchovie is cleverly deconstructed and very tasty. [I used to come to Bravo Bistro for the Nicoise Salad so I'm happy to see this on the menu as it does not appear on many menus.]. The Greek Salad with grilled octopus tentacles with lemon rosemary potato wedges, cucumber salsa, anchovie, caper vinaigrette and arugula leaves is divine and sooo tender. I love this dish and have ordered this a couple of times. On one visit I heard many yums from an adjacent table as she dined on Pork Tenderloin with wild mushroom truffle & honey baklava. I will try it on my next visit. We enjoyed the Duck Confit served with rice pilaf, sun dried apricots & figs. On another visit my husband had snapper which he said was very good. The bread is delicious - tastes similar to Bin 941’s Navajo fry bread. The dark haired waitress, I think her name is Sima, is excellent. Her waiter colleagues could learn from her. I have not been at the restaurant when live jazz is performed. A great spot with great food!

• Visited September 2012
“Authentic, Fun Elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Wear your sexy casual dress to this truly cosmopolitan restaurant! The staff are from all points of the globe and bring their warmth & insight to your dining experience. The menu is fresh and interesting with Euro flair and casual sophistication. The owner actually stops by to see how your enjoying your evening. This is a refreshing update to the Coal Harbour dining scene. Like Europe, the energetic ambiance starts a little later. Beautiful harbour side location, flirt & have fun!

• Visited September 2012