“English Garden Delight”
other travelers have booked this property
Living room Living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Living room
Living room
Front entrance with visitor on rock
Kitchen/dining - seating, dinnerware, silverware for six,
Kitchen
Dining table set up.
Full size fridge and stove, microwave, pots and pans, everything you need to cook at home.
Dining area in kitchen.
Dining Room
Dining area.
The Queen Bedroom
The Queen Bedroom
Bedroom with Double bed.
The double bedroom with kids' sleeping nook.
Kids' sleeping nook
Kids' sleeping nook as a closet when there are no kids.
Bedroom with Double bed, looking into living room.  Bedrooms are on opposite sides of the unit.
Looking into bathroom from the private sauna.
Sauna
Bathroom with walk-in rain shower.
Rainshower
Bathroom
Guest BBQ hut and patio area just outside the apartment.
Patio in front garden.
Squirrel feeding in the fountain in The Secret Garden.
Rock wall surrounding The Secret Garden.
Entrance in winter
Tapered arch entrance to the garden.
Side pathway in spring.
Looking at the garden behind the rock wall.
Floodlight and cool at night, perfect for a glass of wine by the fountain.
Front of the house.
All lit up for Christmas - kids love it!
From the street in front of the house in October, looking towards Pacific Spirit Park.
Beach volleyball, Kitsilano beach - ten  minute drive.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

aquaaqua4...
Claremont, California
“English Garden Delight”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I cannont say enough about how lovely and pleasurable it was to stay at this property.
This was our first visit to Vancouver. Noo-Noo, the great lady in charge, provided us with everything we needed and and wanted. We wanted someplace we could relax at but also explore the city.
The neighborhood is serenly peaceful and tree-lined. The gardens surrounding the house offered an outdoor retreat. We took many walks to the stores and shops nearby as well as hanging outside and walking the neighborhood. We rented a car because it would have taken too long to get to Granville Island, Stanley Park and China Town by public transport.. Vancouver Int. Airport has numerous car rental agencies and is a quick 20 minute drive.
The living quarters are extremely roomy and attractively decorated. I like to cook and the fully stocked kitchen allowed me to do that. The local market has a fantastic deli/bakery. One of our favorite features is the gas fireplace in the living room. It is idiot proof and offers a warm/cozy atmosphere as you sit and enjoy the gardens through the large windows, watch tv or just sit and read, meditate and/or play board games.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Noo-Noo. The Lady who rented out the residence.
Liked least: Nothing
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 22, 2013
Hi Greg and Tanya:

Thanks for the review! I hope you come back to Vancouver again as I really enjoyed your company. The day in Chinatown and Granville Island was a lot of fun and it was so kind of you to invite me - I enjoyed pretending to be a tourist in my home town! I hadn't had the barbequed duck at Hon's for way too many years so now you've got me wanting to go back for more.

Best to both of you,

Ohio, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Aug 6, 2013
Hi:

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a glowing review. I'm glad to read that The Secret Garden was a highlight! I enjoyed meeting you and your family and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you again.

NJ, USA
Reviewed August 4, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Aug 4, 2013
Hello Joe:

Thank you so much for the great review! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and I'm glad I was of help regarding the Festival of Light.

I look forward to seeing you again next August.

Anne265
Trois-Rivières, Québec
“What a wonderful place !”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I've been at the Secret Garden for 4 nights : everything was perfect ! The beds were so comfortable and what a bathroom with a sauna...delightful ! We arrived there 3 hours before the sheduled time, and the owner has been so nice ! There was homemade blueberries muffins on the the table to welcome us. The bus stop is 2 minutes walking time, and you can get easily downtown Vancouver or to the beach from there. I definitly recommand you the Secret garden.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautifull garden all around the property and having grocery and restaurants by 2 minutes walking distance
Liked least: Nothing...it was absolutly perfect
Traveling group: En famille avec adolescent(s)
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 3, 2013
Hi Anne:

It was a pleasure to host you and Sarah while you were visiting her in Vancouver. I'm glad to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy the sauna and that you liked our new bathroom. I hope I will see you again next time you visit Sarah at UBC.

Thanks for the great review!

Virginia & North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Jun 19, 2013
Hi Brenda (and Steve, Kenny and Lisa):

I'm happy to read that you had a great stay at The Secret Garden. I enjoyed your company and hearing about all your experiences on your Alaskan cruise.

The garden is going crazy now with a mixture of heat and rain and all the summer flowers are starting to bloom - I'm glad you enjoyed the spring plantings.

I hope I will see you again if you have an opportunity to return to Vancouver. You were great guests.

Edmonton CA
Reviewed June 4, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway
Jun 4, 2013
Hi Binesh and Fly:

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review - and also for the time you took to write in the guestbook. It was really sweet the way you all signed it and left little messages for me. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Vancouver.
philadelphia
Reviewed May 11, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

May 11, 2013
Hello Karen:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I enjoyed meeting you, Julie and Renee, and am happy to hear you enjoyed my baking! Looking forward to seeing you again,

Best regards,

Noo-Noo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing