“Amazing service!”
Review of Minami Restaurant

Minami Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Minami Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 3,995 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Helmcken and Davie
Transit: We are located half a block east of the Yaletown - Roundhouse Canada line Skytrain station.
Description: Established as the second location of the Aburi Brand in North America, Minami Restaurant offers a combination of Japanese and West Coast cuisine in a comfortable, rustic atmosphere. Minami presents the Aburi take on red meats and seafood dishes to enjoy with your choice of sake, wine, or specialty cocktail. From intimate gatherings with family and friends to professional corporate events, our welcoming atmosphere with amazing cuisine and impeccable service creates a lasting dining experience. Aburi Sushi is a corporate symbol of our company, enjoyed by local Vancouverites and international travellers alike. Minami is excited to introduce the innovative concept of Aburi Sushi appetizers. This combination of our shari (sushi rice), cooked using a unique traditional method, and our flame searing technique has turned sushi into a truly exciting culinary experience. At Minami, Aburi sushi is best enjoyed as a zensai (appetizer) course and, paired perfectly alongside your favourite beverage, sets the stage for the rest of your Aburi dining experience. Our entrée menu places an emphasis on our beef, poultry, and seafood cuisine. Our dedicated team of chefs perfects our entrées not only by focusing on the protein, but also by pairing it with fresh, seasonal vegetables in order to complement the rich flavour of the meat. We insist that a great entrée must be accompanied by an equally great side. Minami is the sister restaurant of Miku Restaurant.
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here our first night in Vancouver on our honeymoon. It was recommended to us by our hotel's concierge and we can now see why. The food is inventive and delicious. But the best part of our evening was our waitress Katie. Not only was she attentive (but not overly) and gave us great food recommendations, but she also went out of her way to write us a long list of things to do and see and eat in the city. My husband and I had a better dining experience because she was our server, and it was a great introduction and first impression of the city. We will definitely be going back on our next visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was in Vancouver Saturday May 18th for work and brought my girlfriend with me on the trip and we decided to try Minami since its sister restaurant Miku was closed for renovations. We had a 19:00 reservation and arrived on time, but were forced to wait 15 minutes before being seated. I go out for restaurants at least once a week and never had I had to wait that long when I had a reservation, but at least it gave us time to choose our order. Ordered mojitos to start, but they were a tad weak on the rum. We started with the 7 Premium Aburi sushi, which were outstandingly tasty. All 7 were nearly as good as the ones I tried in Japan. From there we decided to be a adventurous with the aburi Carpaccio, which while interesting didn’t live up to the hype… definitely stick with fish here. Finally we had the Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi and the Sunset Roll which while not as amazing as the premium aburi sushi, were also exceptionally good. We were planning on ordering more food to try, but had an unfortunate event occur which prevented that.

However the quality of the food was completely impaired by the service we received at the restaurant. Right before we received our third course, my girlfriend noticed that her chair had a huge piece of gum stuck on to it, which had now also completely stuck to her pants. We asked the wait staff for advice on how to remove it and they seemed completely bewildered. Eventually they offered a scrubbing brush from the kitchen, which did remove it but also ruined the pants. Our supper was not charged and the manager said she would get back to my girlfriend my email or phone about the damage to the pants. However after more than a week there still has been no response. Completely unprofessional on their part. With all the sushi choices in Vancouver, I’ll definitely make sure to choose somewhere else next time I’m there on business.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Minami and their sister restaurant Miku, serve the best aburi sushi.
The salmon and the shrimp aburi simply melt in your mouth. The Ebi fritters (shrimp) are an excellent starter. Very good service. Reservations are a must.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I travel the world; and love sushi ..a friend from Vancouver said try Minami... The most creative spectacular sushi I have ever enjoyed! Great food great service who know the menu.., follow their suggestions. ENJOY!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

At first we wanted to go to Miku recommended by the front desk and many good reviews on it. Unluckily the place was full and we were reconnected to its sister restaurant named, Minami located in Yale Town. We decided to give it a try. We got seated at the sushi bar as the seats are fully booked for dining table. We were fine sitting at sushi bar. The food turned out great as we did order 6 dishes!! The sushi man looked worrying at how we ate. The recommended menus are, it's famous salmon and/or mackerel boxed sushi. We love them both. We also order the crunchy scallop roll which we love its green tea crunchy so much. We also have the Miku roll which is tasty and did try its special featured roll, Sakura as well. We ended the meal with green tea opera cake which came in spectacular design and tasted perfect. Our food photos got highly viewed rated from our friends and we need to tell u that they are tasty as great as they look. A must try if u are in town.