“Service shows island hospitality”

SaltSpring Air Tours
Ranked #68 of 171 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Seaplane tour and adventures giving travellers a gateway to spectacular scenery and unique experiences. From 20 minute scencis to multi day adventures, from Salt Spring Island, Vancouver, Victoria and other BC locations.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My partner and I took the plane from Vancouver Harbour to Pender Island. We really enjoyed the scenery and it was fun to go in a plane with just one other couple. However, we were particularly impressed with the pilot who waited with us after landing to help ensure we got a taxi (on an island with only one individual cab!). Great service with a friendly, island mentality.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of being on a 15-20 minute sightseeing/scenic flight this past Saturday with St. Clair as our pilot. From the moment we stepped onto the dock we were treated like royalty and not just because our host was a retired Southwest Airline pilot! St. Clair and his dock staff were so warm and friendly and put us at ease as we boarded the DeHavilland Beaver. My excitement about going on my first float plane ride outweighed my slight fear of flying! What a beautiful way to see Salt Spring Island, Vancouver Island and the Southern Gulf Islands in the near and far distance! St., Clair was very entertaining as he pointed out what we were flying over and was quite educational while sharing his witty and charming personality! I highly recommend taking a flight with Salt Spring Air, whether it's a short sightseeing flight like mine, or for a longer island hopping flight. The float plane was clean, well-maintained and quite comfortable despite that it was built in 1958!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This small float plane airline is the best way to get to any of the Gulf Islands on the BC coast. They are friendly, enjoy what they do and are super safe, flying the the study the famous Beaver float plane. A great trip and competitively priced. Forget what you know about 'airlines' this is a once in a lifetime experience with a super, small company.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Last weekend I flew Vancouver airport to Ganges on Salt Spring Island and first time on a float plane. From online booking to checking in to the flights it was an easy and exciting experience. SaltSpring Air staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful, the airplane is fun and the trip is short but interesting. Everyone I talked to was so accommodating and answered all my questions. I highly recommend anyone making this trip to try SaltSpring Air, this 20 minute flight sure beats hours on a ferry and you get a great view at 1500'.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We love Salt Spring SeaPlanes and the opportunity it gives us to be downtown Vancouver in less than an hour. It's quality all the way, excellent pilots who are both professional and engaging. We love landing on the water so the quick stop on Saltspring Island is a bonus. Combine that with our stunning West Coast scenery you've got a great experience.
Thank you SaltSpring SeaPlanes for coming to the Peninsula and making travel easier for us that don't live downtown Victoria.See you soon!