“Excellent baking and friendly staff”
Review of La Baguette et L'echalote - CLOSED

La Baguette et L'echalote
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Found the staff here very friendly and willing to help or offer suggestions. Good selection, prices perhaps a bit steep but not out of keeping with what one can expect anywhere for products of this quality. Lovely baguettes and croissants. The saffron and pecan sourdough baguette is a unique and tasty choice to serve with cheese or tapenade.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I ate here several times whilst enjoying a week in Vancouver. The bread and cakes were yummy. Some days we actually fitted our day out around passing by at lunchtime. There are plenty of places nearby to sit and eat a roll and cake whilst listening to one of the many local performers who sing in various places around the Island. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice place to stop by, you'll find a great selection of products and there is almost all the time some animation right outside.
Always fun to stop by.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Their bread is so good I have to use discipline not to over buy because once it is in the house I can't stop eating it. Go there and try it out. They are a little more expensive but the quality is very high.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm a firm believer when Vancouverites say this is the best French bakery with the best croissants in the city. I've had some good croissants in my life but I think my chocolate almond croissant from here might be one of the best and most memorable ones I've had. I could actually feel the individual crisp layers of the croissant when biting into it. As I inched my way from the edge towards the middle of the croissant, more and more almond cream were oozing out. It was the most generous amount of filling I've seen. My husband had the nutella croissant which was as wonderful.

They have other great selections of pastries but the croissants were all we could stomach for breakfast. The baguette selection also looked great with various types.

There's no seating in here and neither do they serve coffee, and that's why I'm not giving them 5 stars. It would be nice to be able to complete the whole French cafe atmosphere with seating and coffee. If you do want coffee though, you can get it from Granville Island Market right there. Otherwise, this is a French bakery gem in Vancouver. Grab a pastry or baguette from here before shopping at the Granville Island Market.

1  Thank terinay