“Arguably the best choc almond croissants in Vancouver”
Review of La Baguette et L'echalote - CLOSED

La Baguette et L'echalote
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm a firm believer when Vancouverites say this is the best French bakery with the best croissants in the city. I've had some good croissants in my life but I think my chocolate almond croissant from here might be one of the best and most memorable ones I've had. I could actually feel the individual crisp layers of the croissant when biting into it. As I inched my way from the edge towards the middle of the croissant, more and more almond cream were oozing out. It was the most generous amount of filling I've seen. My husband had the nutella croissant which was as wonderful.

They have other great selections of pastries but the croissants were all we could stomach for breakfast. The baguette selection also looked great with various types.

There's no seating in here and neither do they serve coffee, and that's why I'm not giving them 5 stars. It would be nice to be able to complete the whole French cafe atmosphere with seating and coffee. If you do want coffee though, you can get it from Granville Island Market right there. Otherwise, this is a French bakery gem in Vancouver. Grab a pastry or baguette from here before shopping at the Granville Island Market.

1  Thank terinay