“Been meaning to write a review”

Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen
Ranked #359 of 3,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Davie Village
San Jose, California
“Been meaning to write a review”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Vancouver a few weeks ago and have been meaning to write a review of this place. We had asked a few people that worked at our hotel if they had tried out Gurkha, and everyone seemed to have the intention to go, but nobody had been. We were intrigued by other online reviews and decided to give it a shot. It was a beautiful night so we decided to sit on the back patio. The patio has a few different levels so we had a cozy and private level all to ourselves. The food was fantastic and our server was very sweet and personable. Overall it was one of our best dining experiences that we had in Vancouver. We will be back next time we are in town. Thanks Gurkha!!

• Visited August 2013

Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Given that no Nepali ethnic restaurants exists in Atlantic Canada, on my recent trip to Vancouver I was on the look out for Nepali restaurant to satisfy my palatable urge. I happen to come across Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen and food out there reminded me of my mother's food. I started off with Bhatmaas Saandeko, Tass, choila and aalu ko aachar. They were just what doctor had ordered for me. My main course consisted of Gorkhali Khasi (Mutton), momo, rice and roti's. Roti's were done perfectly and rice had just the right amount of moisture. Gorkhali khasi was perfectly done as I had asked them to make it spicy and tasted good. It was hard for to move after finishing last morsel on the plate with a gulp of wine. The Nepali host was very welcoming. All in all it was a scrumptious meal with impeccable service.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Prashant P
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went as it was close to out hotel and had good reviews. We were not disappointed. Good food full of flavour and good value. Would go again if we had time!

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I honestly didn't find the food that good. Service was also lacking as well. Maybe, it was just a bad day, but I was a bit disappointed considering the good reviews. Or maybe it was my high expectations because I've actually been to Tibet. Nonetheless, this restaurant failed to satisfy me. Maybe in the near future, I'll give this restaurant another shot, but for now, it fell very short of my expectations. I can get better Tibetan food elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michael S
Glen Rose, Texas
“be adventurous”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to take a chance and try Tibetan food and were rewarded with excellent meals. The vegetarian assortment plate was particularly good. The service was friendly and efficient. We ate on the patio and it was very pleasant. The tastes reminded me of Indian food with milder spices.

• Visited July 2013