“amazingly spiced food and fantastically friendly staff”

Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen
Ranked #440 of 3,942 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Davie Village
Reviewed June 4, 2013

never tried Nepalese food before, and now dont understand why it hasnt taken off because it is incredible. We both love Indian food but always feel full when finished, with this meal we felt satisfied and amazed at the flavors we experienced, definitely a food trend for the future
if you visit Vancouver this place is a must for any foodie you will not be disappointed

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I could eat here everyday. They cook with the most amazing and fragrant spices I have ever tasted. My favorite are the Momos, WOW, you must try them !! Also try the Lassi which is a cold mango yogurt drink, it is heavenly. Not fancy inside, very relaxed and has limited seats outside, but not facing Davie...facing the...back?!
I will be back to have more delicious food soon

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went with several other people. As a frequent connosieur of Indian food, it was not my favorite (the saag was mustard greens with lots of stems -- kind of unusual), but I thought it was pretty good. The food was tasty, but the saag plate was not at all filling. I probably should have ordered naan with it, but the saag plate was good for my near-vegan diet, so I didn't. My husband had the vegetarian combo plate, which he liked very much and was just the right amount of food for him. One of our friends had fish and liked it. The owner and waitstaff were very friendly and wanted us to like the food. The restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere, but we were seated at a little table near the kitchen and bathroom which I did not like -- it was not nearly as nice as the seating in the main area. Overall, a good place to eat a tasty, healthy meal in a pleasant environment, served by very kind people!

1  Thank njcronk
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently visited this place with my wife and 7yrs old son. Normally, my son is very picky with his food, however, I was very surprised to see how much he enjoyed the chicken lollypops and his mango lassi at this place. The server was very nice and was careful on recommending foods which would suit our taste buds. She took extra effort to ask about our likes and dislikes and any food allergies. We tried tensing momu, Pokhara Lamb and Himali Chicken and found every dish to be excellent. Momo and Pokhara Lamb were the highlight for us while our son enjoyed his lollypop chicken.

Over all, a pleasant and unrushed home type meal experience. Will definitely visit back again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Grabbed take away from this resturant. The food was extremely delicious with the right amount of spice. The resturant itself was a little dated, but the service I received was good and the sit down customers seemed happy.