“Worth the Wait”

Cuisines: Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Davie Village
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The food and the very helpful waiter were fabulous and fun. It was our 1st experience with Nepalese cuisine and not our last. Since everything was made to order and we had a large group, there was a bit of a wait before we had our meals served. Perfect time to try a beer or the Lassi with Vodka.
A small place so I would reserve a table in advance as we did.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great flavours. Everything tastes different and delicious ( D & D). Our waiter was extremely helpful, welcoming and friendly. He selected our dishes and the choices were a perfect variety for a group of vegetarians, pescatarians and hard core carnivores.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

What a wonderfully welcoming and fun atmosphere found at Gurkha, hidden away just off the bustle of Davie Street. The starter was 'taas' - special spicey lamb appetiser - freshly prepared and delicious. It's not a place to go first if you've got cinema/theatre tickets as everything appears to be 'cooked to order' but rather a place to linger, take in the atmosphere and have a drink between courses. I enjoyed oriental beer and my husband a Granville Island pale ale on tap. Prawn curry was delicious with perfectly cooked rice - not at all oily, and the lamb chilli was very tasty. On our particular evening the staff seemed a little overrun, as it appeared maybe one person was missing in the kitchen, but coped nevertheless. Cosy, intimate atmosphere. Friendly staff. Probably worth booking in advance - as cover is limited.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Amazing food, service, hospitality and atmosphere. Very homey, I loved it sooo much.

Started off with a Lassi Drink with vodka (mango yogurt drink, delicious)

3 appetizers and my entree finishing it off with my dessert that was a banana split with rum and caramel poured on top of it.

I highly recommend you up stop by this place and try it out. Again, it's amazing.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Driven by the reviews from Tripadvisor, my girlfriend and I went to this restaurant in our prelast day in Canada. Sort of hard to find... we went by it 2 or 3 times before we managed to find the ladder that takes you to the saloon. Really worthy the time there... great food, service, tiny and cozy saloon. We had appetizers, entrees (goat and lamb dishes) and a bottle of wine... check was less than CA$ 100!! You won't regret, for sure.