“Best fly fishing trip ever.”

Silversides Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Silversides Fishing provides fully guided fishing charters at a "truly professional level". Experience incredible Sturgeon fishing on the Fraser River, Salmon fishing in Vancouver and the Fraser River Valley, and Fly fishing for Bull Trout, Steelhead & Salmon with downtown Vancouver pickup. We also provide a selection of fishing packages with lodging where you can enjoy wonderful scenery and river fishing. We are full time fishing guides and operate year round, 7 days/week. Established in 1996.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My brother and I fished for Salmon with Brain last year and it was awesome. We enjoyed his service so much we just finished a 5 day fly fishing adventure with him on the Frasher river valley. I can't count how many Coho Brain got me an my brother Scott into this year - it was crazy good. All very high quality Chrome fish - All I can say is wow! Brain has exceptionsl ability to know where the fish are and exactly how to to land them. We also had the pleasure to fish for Sturgeon with Brain and he got me and brother into several high qaulity fish including a 6 + foot whale of a Sturgeon which is the biggest fish I've landed to date. I am so happy with Brain's service that we are returning in December to hunt Bull Trout and fish for Winter Steelhead with him on the fly. All I can say is: "5 Star Guide Service all around". If you want to catch big chrome fish - Silversides Fishing is tha place to call. Many thanks Brian! See you in December. Cheers, Jeff Cooper

All reviews
"fraser"
"gear"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We can always count on Silversides Fishing Adventures to get us into big fish. Brian’s methodical approach and attention to detail set him apart from other guides. If you want to fish with a rock star who is as obsessed with big fish as you are, then Silversides Fishing Adventures is your only choice. My fishing partners and I come back year after year for a reason; Brian hooks us up.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My first time fishing white sturgeon and I wasn't disappointed. With extra time at the tail end of a business trip, I booked a single person 8 hour charter on the Fraser River at the last minute. The rivers were running fast and murky and I was advised to go sturgeon fishing instead of the trout fishing I wanted to do. Good call. Silversides was very accomodating and practical. Louise picked me up at my hotel in Vancouver city center and brought me back that evening. Brian was a great guide, no-nonsense and quite knowledgable. Brought in 4 sturgeons in the 4-5 feet range. No river monsters, but fun nonetheless. Next time in Van, we'll go for trout.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Took a day off work while visiting Vancouver to go trout fishing with Silverides. Brian is very knowledgeable and I managed to pull a fairly large bull trout out of an otherwise fast and murky river. Other smaller fish were had and a good time overall. Beautiful views in the mountains made the day even more enjoyable.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 29, 2012

For my 32nd birthday my dad took me sturgeon fishing with Silversides Fishing Adventures. We arrived at the docks on the Fraser River just before 7 and quickly loaded onto the jet boat. The boat was nice and comfortable and had lots of room for everyone. The guide was very knowledgable about the area and seemed to take us to the right spots. We started out by pulling in about 10 pink salmon for our sturgeon bait and then took off to a few of their favourite sturgeon holes. My first fish was a 150+ pound sturgeon. Our next fish was a HUGE fish, easily over 300LB and put up a good fight for about 30 minutes. Unfortunately as we were reeling the fish up onto the shore it swung its head and snapped the line on a rock. We only caught of glimpse of the monster, though it was thrilling the whole time. We caught one final sturgeon as the sun set over the Fraser. All-in-all it was a great fishing trip and we'll definitely be back next year!