“Magnificent food , fantastic cappuccinos it is sure to please .”
Review of Bel Cafe

Bel Cafe
Ranked #159 of 3,811 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: At Bel Cafe you'll find a range of expertly prepared delicacies paired with intelligent, friendly service, in a chic and inviting setting. Full table service is delivered alongside a selection of 'ready to go' items featuring fresh baked pastries, gourmet sandwiches, nourishing soups, beautiful tarts and cakes and our exquisite confetti-like macarons.
Mackay, Australia
“Magnificent food , fantastic cappuccinos it is sure to please .”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The coffee is good and food is very superior we've enjoyed several meals.
The Thai , lemongrass coconut chicken soup is exceptional , this morning we had
Cheese and Ham croissants absolutely mouth watering. The chicken and salad bani
was something special also.
We are very much looking forward to coming bak in December .
The staff are exceptional this place is a must to visit .

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kester O

Los Angeles, California
“A real coffeee shop in an elegant hotel”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Bel Cafe is located in the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. It is operated by Chef David Hawksworth, the proprietor of Hawksworth next door. This is a real coffee shop: They offer patisserie-style baked goods, coffee served in real cups and food served on real plates.

I had honey muffin and ordered 8 macarons for Sleeping Beauty. The vote from my Sleeping Beauty: She said the macarons are as good as Bottega Louie, but not as good as Laduree in France. I have never been to France, but I have had the Laduree macarons at Charles de Gaulle Airport and they are excellent. I didn't get to try these macarons :-( The muffin was pretty good. It was moist and flavorful: Both 4 Stars.

The ambiance was buzzing @ 8 am on a Fri. There were business types, workers grabbing a quick cafe & breakfast item, or tourists like me. There is good people watching because the cafe is on the corner. My server was friendly and efficient: Both 4 Stars.

I would definitely come here again regardless or not if I was staying in the hotel. Bel Cafe offers good quality food, friendly service and nice ambiance.

Visited September 2013
Phoenix,Arizona
“Good cafe”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The macaroons were pretty good.The sandwiches and soups were nice.It is attached to the Rosewood Hotel Georgia.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank oranges8
Scarsdale, New York
“Good food and cute decor”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Cute designer coffee shop with very good breakfast food. Vegetable frittata is very good, Ham and cheese as well. Skip the kale sandwich. Sizes on the small side

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank David J
Northern Virginia, Virginia
“Good place for a snack”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We sampled a few things from Bel Café because of convenience. I was told their Almond Croissant won some kind of award and they only offered it twice a week, so I gave it a try. It was a good Almond Croissant with enough Almond paste, but too much powder sugar on the top. I don’t know why bakeries love powder sugar so much? Their Plain Croissant was not good at all; it was not flakey and buttery enough. My brother had the breakfast sandwich before he left for the airport and he said it was fine. My mom had the Honey Bran Muffin and my father had the Strawberry Rhubarb & Ricotta Danish. They both liked it. We had the Dark Hot Chocolate right before we left for airport. At first the temperature was off and I asked them to warm it. The second try was better and it had a nice deep chocolate flavor.
You can see the pictures at :

• Visited September 2013