“So comfy, a must!”

Spokes Bicycle Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Spokes Bicycle Rentals is your gateway to world famous Stanley Park. Spokes offers a variety of rental bicycles for a truly unique way to sightsee in Vancouver. Visit Spokes to start exploring Stanley Park and Vancouver by bike.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“So comfy, a must!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The service was fantastic, everything in renting is included in the price: locks, helmets, bike etc. These were the comfiest bikes Both myself and my cousin had ever ridden, and very light and easy to manoeuvre. Thinking of investing in one. I have toured Stanley Park by car before but highly recommend going by bicycle. The sea wall takes you right along the water with numerous places to take pictures or stop to dip your toes in the ocean at the beaches. Spokes will provide maps and what not. Great service.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Adriana R

• Korean first
North Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of the musts to do while I'm Vancouver, BC Canada”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although I was born in Vancouver I had never ridden a bike around Stanley park, well since I don't own a bike I rented one from spokes, great bikes, great service and an awesome price. It's a must!

Visited April 2013
Panama City, Florida
349 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 533 helpful votes
“Great experience and a wonderful way to see Stanley Park.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We rented two bikes and a kid trailer from here with absolutely no complaints or hassles. Their workers were friendly and helpful. I really liked their location directly across from an entrance into Stanley Park. We would definitely use them again and also recommend them to friends. I would recommend a half or full day rental to really enjoy the park; one hour is just a tease. I also wanted to outweigh the only negative feedback they have received: an oddly racist complaint ("Oriental" typically describes physical good like carpets. I think he/she was looking for the word "Asian" to complete his/her racist rant). You see by their reply they are a wonderful, customer-focused company.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rather_Nomadic
Honolulu, Hawaii
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“best way to see stanley park”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

It was well worth the expense for a few hours to really see stanley park, especially along the shoreline. We went around the park twice, which we surely could not have done on foot. The bike lanes in Stanley park are nicely organized to keep you from pedestrians and from automobile traffic. the staff was very helpful and courteous!

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Mississippi
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

For years, I have visited Vancouver, rented a bicycle and enjoyed Stanley park & other adventures. On or about 29 SEP 12, I attempted the same. Stokes Bicycle was full of oriental students. They were renting bicyles left and right using their ID cards. However, I am NOT an oriental and they wanted a $1,000 deposit from me to rent a bicycle. Fool that I was, I handed over my credit card. They then shoved a form in my face and demanded my driver's license and passport. I figured with that they could be able to charge any amount to my credit card and I would not be able to return to the US. I asked to cancel the transaction. It had already gone through. Only a day or so ago did it come off my account. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! Unless you are an oriental.

Visited September 2012
16 Thank rwhite1066
SpokesVancouver, Manager at Spokes Bicycle Rentals, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to clarify that it is only for our high end road bikes that we require a photo ID and $1000 pre-authorization. The rental form and waiver is completed and signed by all of our guests, no matter what race you are. Pre-authorizations are completed after the rental or in your case, when you requested to cancel your rental. This completion releases the hold on your credit card on the same day and any additional time you had to wait unfortunately depends completely on the credit card and associated financial institution. Some financial institutions processing time with international credit card transactions may take up to 10 days and is unfortunately beyond our control.
We were hosting a school group on that day and yes, there are many persons of Asian heritage in Vancouver. We treat everyone fairly and equally regardless of their background.