“best way to see stanley park”

Spokes Bicycle Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Spokes Bicycle Rentals is your gateway to world famous Stanley Park. Spokes offers a variety of rental bicycles for a truly unique way to sightsee in Vancouver. Visit Spokes to start exploring Stanley Park and Vancouver by bike.
Honolulu, Hawaii
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“best way to see stanley park”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

It was well worth the expense for a few hours to really see stanley park, especially along the shoreline. We went around the park twice, which we surely could not have done on foot. The bike lanes in Stanley park are nicely organized to keep you from pedestrians and from automobile traffic. the staff was very helpful and courteous!

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Columbus, Mississippi
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

For years, I have visited Vancouver, rented a bicycle and enjoyed Stanley park & other adventures. On or about 29 SEP 12, I attempted the same. Stokes Bicycle was full of oriental students. They were renting bicyles left and right using their ID cards. However, I am NOT an oriental and they wanted a $1,000 deposit from me to rent a bicycle. Fool that I was, I handed over my credit card. They then shoved a form in my face and demanded my driver's license and passport. I figured with that they could be able to charge any amount to my credit card and I would not be able to return to the US. I asked to cancel the transaction. It had already gone through. Only a day or so ago did it come off my account. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! Unless you are an oriental.

16 Thank rwhite1066
SpokesVancouver, Manager at Spokes Bicycle Rentals, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to clarify that it is only for our high end road bikes that we require a photo ID and $1000 pre-authorization. The rental form and waiver is completed and signed by all of our guests, no matter what race you are. Pre-authorizations are completed after the rental or in your case, when you requested to cancel your rental. This completion releases the hold on your credit card on the same day and any additional time you had to wait unfortunately depends completely on the credit card and associated financial institution. Some financial institutions processing time with international credit card transactions may take up to 10 days and is unfortunately beyond our control.
We were hosting a school group on that day and yes, there are many persons of Asian heritage in Vancouver. We treat everyone fairly and equally regardless of their background.
Fremont, CA
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Largest & closest to Stanley Park”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We hadn't been on bikes in ages, but the fact that Stanley Park has well laid out paths that separate walkers, bikes & autos encouraged us. Spokes is the biggest shop on Denman St at Georgia. There is public parking is across the street next to the water on the opposite corner. Although they have the biggest selection of bikes, we felt rushed in that the technicians didn't take enough care in fitting the helmets, baskets & bike seats. We had to stop and readjust things to make them comfortable. If you are short, you may find the seats uncomfortable even at the lowest levels. Helmets or mandatory, but the locks and baskets are charged separately. This may not be the case at other shops.

4 Thank TrnrMom
SpokesVancouver, Manager at Spokes Bicycle Rentals, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks for cycling with us yesterday. I'm sorry you felt rushed during your bike fitting. Our staff are here to make sure you are comfortable on your bikes before you head out for your ride. Just ask our staff for assistance if you feel the bike or helmet is not properly fitted for you and we will rectify it before you leave the shop. Locks, maps, helmets and baskets are always included with your bike rental.

Thank you for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your stay in Vancouver!
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great spot to rent for Stanley Park and Vancouver”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We rented two 7-speed bikes, with locks, helmets and basket thrown in, and had them for about 4 hours, which cost us a total of $66CN. Great service, sturdy bikes (with many options), and fast.

Going around Stanley Park takes less than an hour (with stops for views), so we kept going at the end through False Creek. Bike paths in Vancouver are GREAT! We were able to cycle for hours with very few cars nearby. Bike routes are clearly marked, with maps at regular intervals. Going across the Burrard St. bridge was awesome!

6 Thank KLPCLT
Rochester, NY
256 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“Tour de Vancouver”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

A reasonable value when you keep the bikes all day like we did. We saw every inch of Stanley Park by bike and most of the city waterfront. The bike paths here rock. The bikes were in good shape compared to many other tourist locations where we have rented bikes.

1 Thank Fondue4two