“Fast, friendly service, but the bikes need maintenance.”

Spokes Bicycle Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Spokes Bicycle Rentals is your gateway to world famous Stanley Park. Spokes offers a variety of rental bicycles for a truly unique way to sightsee in Vancouver. Visit Spokes to start exploring Stanley Park and Vancouver by bike.
Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fast, friendly service, but the bikes need maintenance.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My boys (ages 4 and 7) and I rented bikes from Spokes today to tour Stanley Park. The 7 year old got his own Jr. bike rental. The 4 year old recently learned how to ride without training wheels, but I wasn't about to let him take off on his own around the park, so I put him on a Trail-A-Bike attached to the mountain bike I rented. First, the variety of available rentals is great, especially for families. They even have tricycles and really small bikes for very young riders--as well as trailers, tandems, and a variety of bicycle types. There was a line when we got there, but it went super fast and we were on our bikes pronto, with helmets and bike locks included in the rental price.

The 7 year old's bike seemed fairly new and in decent condition. The plastic pedals were worn and needed replacement, but that was OK. My mountain bike, on the other hand, was in desperate need of maintenance. It squeaked horribly and was not pleasant to ride. The pedals were completely worn, slippery in fact. And the seat was just horrible. OK, it's a rental bike, I don't expect much. But a regular maintenance schedule on all of these bikes is necessary, especially because this shop is popular so these bikes get used A LOT. They should not have rented the bike I used out until it had a big overhaul. But by the time I was super annoyed with it, we were down the hill and on the trail and it seemed a big hassle to return with the kids. So I took my lumps, literally . . .

We rode for a total of 6 hours, with stops at all of the Stanley Park attractions, along with a longer stop to enjoy the aquarium. After all of that on-and-off riding on a really crappy bike seat, my booty is seriously sore! I've had saddle soreness from biking for long periods many times in my life, but this is the worst case ever! I could probably eek out another star for these guys because they were friendly and we had such a wonderful day, but my current agony is making another star impossible.

Visited July 2012

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great bike tour with Dan”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had a great tour of Vancouver. Dan was a world-class docent of the city. I would highly recommend this for anyone who likes to ride a bike see lots of beautiful forest and visit the city at the same time.

Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We tried a few places on this strip. Spokes had by far the best customer service and better bikes. It was slightly more expensive than the others, but the quality aspect more than made up for this. Definitely would just head to this place next time.

Newcastle, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spokes cycle hire”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I also hired our bikes from Spokes and were very satisfied with the service. Spokes are ideally positioned close to the the entrance to Stanley Park. They have a good range of bike styles to choose from and their prices are reasonable, although they were very busy they are well organised and we were soon on our way with our bikes for a days cycling around Vancouver's waterfront cycleways. We had a great trouble free day and what a terrific way to see Vancouver.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Dan was our guide and he was very informative. We did the grand tour which was $85, but worth the money. We got to see stanley park, gastown, Chinatown, Grenville island. It's 13 miles with a few mountains that were challenging, but you have the option of walking up the hills ( which a lot of us did) I say it's the best way to see Vancouver.