“Wonderful, professional massage”

CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, a place of personal peace, enchantment and well-being.CHI, The Spa, made its North American debut at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, in 2009. CHI offers a "spa within a spa" environment. Each suite comes with its own fireplace, private bath, shower, relaxation lounge, changing and vanity areas.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, professional massage”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having become somewhat of a massage snob, getting almost weekly expert massages in Hong Kong over the last few years, I was excited to try my first "boutique" massage when I was at the Vancouver Shangri-La for a long weekend with my wife. I opted for the Wushu Stress Relief with Roya, and it couldn't have been better. To be honest, I feel like I am cheating my my regular masseuse in HK to say this, but Roya is a total expert, responding to where I needed work the most. I am a trusting person, I leave myself in the hands of the expert, and I wasn't disappointed! Treat yourself, if you have the money. The atmosphere and the professionalism are well worth it.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jon G

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bliss”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Divinely decadent, expensive but totally worth the experience. Pleasant staff and welcoming atmosphere. The names of the treatment rooms are all in Sanskrit and I was in Baskul which means ‘Starting point of journey to Shangri-La. I basked in the Feng Shui attention to detail. Each suite is different, from Jampa, Loving Kindness and Compassion to Namshe which means Consciousness, they all have a fireplace, soothing color tones, sitting areas for tea ceremonies, your own dressing room, steam shower and soaker tub. Plush doesn’t even begin to describe the texture of the baby soft robes and blankets. You are immediately relaxed and cuddled in the embrace of a fluffy white cocoon as you sip fresh lemon water. My registered therapist Mai was lovely and her healing energy was skilled, sublime and appreciated. She used a lovely apricot kernel oil and the slight scent was delicate and appealing.
Afterwards I floated into the lounge and was met with a cup of fresh ginger tea, dates, apricots and cranberries. Next time I will try what one of their signature Journeys and come earlier to use the outdoor hot tub and rooftop pool. Sheer heaven.

Visited April 2013
Vito R, General Manager at CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and your kind comments. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your entire experience from beginning to end. We look forward to welcoming you back to CHI, The Spa.
San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“just go!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

after reading that you get your own personal space, what are you waiting for? just go! seriously, all the reviews are absolutely true- and it's even better in person- so stop the review search and book it!

Visited January 2013
nanaimo
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Impeccable Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My recent spa experience was quite wonderful. The service starts right in the lobby of the hotel. Service staff are polite and make sure you are headed to the right floor on the correct elevator. The young lady/receptionist at Chi Spa seemed sincere and polite. I was escorted into a tranquil room to have lemon water and waited a few minutes until my scheduled appointment. They were very prompt. I had a 80 minute massage by a woman from Japan (sorry I do not remember her name) She was excellent. A few minutes of friendly talk and then silence and the most relaxing and soothing massage. It was performed in a beautiful private room with jetted tub, shower and fireplace. It was one of the best massages I have ever had.
My next treatment was a pedicure. This was performed in a typical room with the big comfortable chair. The young girl did a good job and there was a nice assortment of polishes to choose from. She also served the most delicious honey and ginger tea. Soooo good! My only complaint is the price of the pedicure is extremely high. It was just as nice as most pedicures I have had. No better or worse. I did not think the service justified the inflated price. All in all though, the experience of both massage and pedicure was very nice with the massage ranking very high.

Visited January 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellence!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The CHI Spa is absolutely beautiful! The spa had a quite and relaxing environment with warm and sincere staff and it is conveniently located in downtown. I will be back soon to this spa.

Visited September 2012