“Good eats!”

Neighborhood: Davie Village
Sechelt, Canada
“Good eats!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went to Cafe Luxy on Sunday after a good 15 year absence and I just loved it! This is definitely not the best Italian joint in Vancouver but it is great. Very affordable, service was great and cheery. The pomegranate martinis were lovely and their wine list very affordable (Masi Valpolicella for 40$).

Most meals are under 20$ which includes garlic bread and a small salad and the pasta plates are huge, so for sure you have another meal to take away. I had the Carbonara, not the best but good, cannot complain.

My favourite thing I have to admit, is the great ambiance of one of Davie street's old standards. With the windows open on a warm summer night, seeing the Davie street action is a real treat. Makes me miss living in Vancouver.

• Visited May 2013

Vancouver
“Can always depend on our local favorite!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Trusted consistency in service, atmosphere, and most of all quality of food! More cannot me said about how wonderful the owners treat their guests...and this translates into the delicious offerings!! A must visit and always try the special!

• Visited April 2013
Natick, MA
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went to this Italian restaurant based on the recommendation of our hotel. While the service was very good, the same could not be said for our food. I ordered a linguine bolgonese, and the sauce sat like a thick paste on my pasta. My wife was underwhelmed by her tortellini dish, and my son ate only two slices of his pizza.

• Visited April 2013
Seattle
“Excellent, fresh pasta”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Came here for a Sunday brunch while visiting friends. It is a little restaurant on Davie Street with doors the open out to give you an outside experience while still being seated inside.
The menu has a large variety of pastas to choose from. The food is fresh, pasta is perfectly cooked, sauces are flavorful without being overbearing.
The waiter was very friendly and accommodating, terrific service.
Prices are very reasonable.
We will be coming here again on our next trip.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Todd Y
cork
“slow and incomplete order”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There was 4 of us who dropped in for breakfast on a Saturday morning.Bistro was about 1/3 full and after ordering breakfast we were left waiting way too long to receive it.One of our breakfast was left short a side order of bacon, so we informed the waiter.This side order was delivered to our table when all 4 of us were finished our breakfast...a little too late really.Overall I would give this place a miss as there are a lot of other less expensive, more efficient restaurants in this area.

• Visited March 2013