“Best Cappuccino in VanCity”
Review of Cafe Artigiano - CLOSED

Cafe Artigiano
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went here on our way out of Vancouver after a long trip. I'm a coffee fiend and the medium/sweet roast that seems to be preferred in and around the city by its residents - while delicious - was just not cutting it for me.

After checking some reviews from fellow travelers, we made it a point to stop by Cafe Artigiano before leaving town. Located across from the Vancouver Art Gallery in downtown Vancouver, the Cafe is warm and inviting. The place was packed on a weekday morning, but there is plenty of outdoor seating, as well.

We ordered a large drip coffee and a cappuccino.

The drip coffee was probably one of the most naturally sweet coffee I've ever had, but still, brewed well. The cappuccino, on the other hand, was unquestionably among the best I've ever had.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Eu posso aceitar que existam cafeterias tipo Starbucks, Tim Hortons e Blenz Coffee, mas o problema é que quando estas companhias resolvem vender produtos tipo café expresso.
Este tipo de café deve ser feito por profissionais qualificados, não pode ser servido em copos de papel ou ter tanta agua que pareça um chá.
Hoje eu tive sorte, encontrei uma cafeteria com qualidade superior e um barista nascido na Servia. Nao tive duvidas de arriscar e pedi um café ristretto.
Para minha satisfação meu pedido veio impecavel. Finalmente eu pude beber um café com uma qualidade superior aqui no Canada.
Parabéns ao "Café Artigiano"
I can accept that there are coffee shops like Starbucks, Tim Hortons and Blenz Coffee, but the problem is that when these companies decide to sell products like espresso.
This type of coffee should be done by qualified professionals, can not be served in paper cups or have so much water that looks like a tea.
Today I was lucky, I found a coffee shop with top quality and a barista born in Serbia. I had no doubt of risk and ordered a ristretto coffee.
To my delight, my order came impeccable. Finally I could drink a coffee with a higher quality here in Canada.
Congratulations to "Café Artigiano"

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Look no further for the best coffee/latte/cappuccino, etc in Vancouver. Don't miss the lemon ricotta muffins, a must for a morning stop. The Pumpkin latte is best I've had and is not over done or super sweet. Just the essence of Pumpkin, a little spice and the best espresso in town.

A little on the pricey side, I would say a step up from a Starbucks visit. Well worth it in my book and a more pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wonderful coffee house chain. A jewel in Vancouver's crown. Food is better than okay, however, you can't go wrong with any of their coffee. Better then what you can find in Europe now that most places use that awful UHT milk. If you have wonderful memories of drinking cappuccino and latte in Europe 20 years ago and yearn for those good old days, look no further. The cappuccino of this wonderful cafe will transport you back there instantly.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Coffee rating 8.5/10, this is a super place to have coffee, there is cabinet food and not made on premises so don't get your hopes high about eggs benedict et al? Coffee is superb and that is what is there to be enjoyed.