“a great hotel”

and 1 more site!
Times Square Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed April 9, 2007

We stayed for one Saturday night in one bedroom suite. Room 404 had a fireplace , small balcony, full kitchen, dining room table, sofa and chair and tv in living room and another in bedroom. room was claen and very nice. they have a special till end of April so room was only 119 canadian. Want to return. On the roof was a really nice barbeque and table and chairs so you can also cook there. When arrive at hotel buzz front desk on intercom and they will release door lock for you and ride elevator to third floor to check in.
Since we were only there for 1 day we ate out. Really liked Ukrainian village restaurant just around corner on Denman and a fish and chip place Mr something can't remember name on Denman but did not like breakfast at De Dutch.
We took train and then skytrain and then Robson bus #5. It did not take very long maybe 15 min. We were going to take a taxi but line was very long. I think it was about 4.50 canadian for both of us to get to hotel. When we checked out at 11 am train was not leaving till 6pm so we left our daybag at hotel till we needed to go to train station. We got a all day pass at safeway store (about 1/2 block from hotel) for 8 dollars per person and took seabus and used buses for touring then back to hotel to get day bag and go to train station . Safeway also has atm machine. Great trip. Hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank sandy12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed March 31, 2007

The hotel is a little gem in a great location. Roomy 1 BR apartment with full kitchen. Some rooms have queens, others kings. The room was immaculate. Off street parking was included. Minimal staff was fine for us. We like the low profile thing. Grocery store and coffee shop restaurant (Bojangles) located on the ground floor.
3 blocks to Stanley park and located in a prime restaurant district.
Only drawback: rooms on the front side facing Denman are a bit noisy. If you need absolute quiet request a backside room.
Can't beat the price for overall quality and location.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank broasterhouse
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We stayed at the Times Square Suites based on recommendations from TripAdvisor, and were very pleased. Although not your traditional hotel (no formal lobby per se, more like a condo/apartment), the room was large and immaculate. We'd have paid 3 times as much for a room of that size and quality at one of the major hotel chains.

The location was very convenient - close to Stanley Park, and with a variety of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We especially liked the excellent tapas restaurant right next door and the breakfast joint that serves very fresh and reasonably priced food right across the way. Although we only stayed one night, there was a Safeway a block away, and we'd have shopped there for food to cook in our full kitchen if we had a longer stay.

The beds were luxurious and super comfortable - my son even commented that the sofa bed that he slept on was exceptionally comfortable, and that is rarely the case with sofa beds!

We won't look any further on our next trip to Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank Amchja
Reviewed March 17, 2007

We stayed at this place March 16-17, 2007.

Our one-bedroom apartment was on the back of the building--away from the street. We slept with the window open, and it was quiet except for the sound of crows one morning.

This is not a hotel in the usual sense. It is more like an apartment building with no lobby and a small office on the 3rd Floor.

We have stayed in Vancouver several times at Hotel Vancouver and at the Sutton Place Hotel. We prefer the location of those hotels; however, we also liked at the Times Square Suites having a living room, a full kitchen, and a bedroom.

Our king bed was comfortable and the apartment was very well maintained.
It rained one entire day of our stay. It was nice to go home in the afternoon and read in front of the fireplace. (Which are out of service May-September according to a note in the room.)

This would be an ideal place to stay with children. It is a short walk from the sea wall. There is a Safeway across the street and nearby many restaurants, ranging from pizza joints to fine dining (Raincity Grill, etc.).

There is no ice machine. We purchased ice from the Safeway for $2.99.

I found the operation to be professional. I booked the room over the telephone and received a confirmation by e-mail. When we arrived my name was on the directory next to the inter-com system at the entry. The staff was kind and friendly and they gave helpful answers to our questions about restaurants and other matters.

In summary: This is more like an apartment than a hotel. Our room was on the back of the building, and I would not book a room on the street side. The set-up is particularly suitable for families and for people who are in town on business for an extended period. The location is perfect if you prefer to be in a neighborhood than in the center of the commercial district (which is walkable but about a mile away).

Stayed: March 2007
10  Thank wonderfulworld
Reviewed March 15, 2007

My home away from home Time Square Suites.

I have stayed in this fantastic property at least two to three times a year for the past 10 years and have only positive things to say about it.

The staff at Time Square are professional, friendly and very customer service oriented. I appreciate the fact I am in a boutique all suites hotel that caters to both long term and short term stays.

The suites are impecably clean and very homey with a full kitchen for those who enjoy eating at home a bit throughout a longer stay. I have stayed up to three weeks at this property and have always looked forward to my return. The new beds are a dream with the white duvet covers and tons of pillows.

The building is situated on Robson and Denman and on the outskirts of the world famous Stanley Park....the hussle and bussle is an added feature to our stay in Vancouver. I found the suites very comfortable and experienced no difficulty at all adjusting to my new lively and active surroundings. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

This area is famous for its shopping, resturants and close proximity to almost everything including English Bay (where the fireworks display is held in late July and August), Stanley Park, The Vancouver Aquarium, Robston Street (everyone knows that street) The Vancouver Art Gallery and so much more. The building is secure, but not impersonal like the larger hotels around.

The Building Manager runs the property like it's her very own, taking care to the details that customers notice. In summation, Time Square Suites in number 1 in my book and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in town.!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank mygr8visits
Reviewed March 7, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Times Square Suites for 3 nights in early September after reading the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. We were sorely dissapointed by all aspects of our stay. For starters, the "front desk staff" if you could call them that, were rude and extremely dissorganized. They initially had no record of our reservation, but conveniently found it after searching at length through folders for the piece of paper that contained our reservation....for a whopping $189 per night do they not have a computerized reservation system?? Although we had requested a King Bed, they had no record of this either! Our "QUIET" room, faced out to Denman Street (a booming traffic district, oozing with homeless degenerates). No apologies were made for these grave errors, instead we were made to feel lucky to even get a room. The room was sweltering as our "air conditioning" unit, was a window mounted unit located in the bedroom. I could barely breathe, and my asthma was out of control. Although they claim to be a non pet friendly facility, I found several pet hairs on the sofa and chair. YUCK!
On our second night, as we were leaving for dinner, I was shooshed in the hallway by the building maintenance supervisor, Irene Roys, as I recieved a very important business call on my cell phone. I found this to be extremely unprofessional especially as she was clad in a robe and bare feet AND they claim to cater to the business clientele. I would never send my business clients to stay in such an establishment. We need to be able to carry out our business when the time calls for it.
I have stayed at the Westin Bayshore many, many times, and I regret my decision to try the Times Square!
If you are looking for lousy service, outdated furnishings, and a lock down facility, this is the place for you!
BUYER BEWARE, once they have your money, (you pay in full up front, before you see the room) you won't get it back!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
13  Thank herbtibbs
Reviewed January 15, 2007

Situated in the lovely west end of Vancouver between the harbour and the ocean and adjacent to fabulous Stanley Park this is the best place to stay ever. Spotlessly clean, friendly and efficient staff, exceptionally well managed we were lucky to find this place and we keep coming back year after year. It is close to downtown either by walking or trolley bus and its Robson Street location signals excellent shopping. The cross street of Denman has more restaurants per block than any other seen. It is truly a remarkable place and can be highly recommended without any qualification!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business