“BUYER BEWARE!”

Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
nevada
“BUYER BEWARE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Times Square Suites for 3 nights in early September after reading the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. We were sorely dissapointed by all aspects of our stay. For starters, the "front desk staff" if you could call them that, were rude and extremely dissorganized. They initially had no record of our reservation, but conveniently found it after searching at length through folders for the piece of paper that contained our reservation....for a whopping $189 per night do they not have a computerized reservation system?? Although we had requested a King Bed, they had no record of this either! Our "QUIET" room, faced out to Denman Street (a booming traffic district, oozing with homeless degenerates). No apologies were made for these grave errors, instead we were made to feel lucky to even get a room. The room was sweltering as our "air conditioning" unit, was a window mounted unit located in the bedroom. I could barely breathe, and my asthma was out of control. Although they claim to be a non pet friendly facility, I found several pet hairs on the sofa and chair. YUCK!
On our second night, as we were leaving for dinner, I was shooshed in the hallway by the building maintenance supervisor, Irene Roys, as I recieved a very important business call on my cell phone. I found this to be extremely unprofessional especially as she was clad in a robe and bare feet AND they claim to cater to the business clientele. I would never send my business clients to stay in such an establishment. We need to be able to carry out our business when the time calls for it.
I have stayed at the Westin Bayshore many, many times, and I regret my decision to try the Times Square!
If you are looking for lousy service, outdated furnishings, and a lock down facility, this is the place for you!
BUYER BEWARE, once they have your money, (you pay in full up front, before you see the room) you won't get it back!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
13 Thank herbtibbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Kincardine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2007

Situated in the lovely west end of Vancouver between the harbour and the ocean and adjacent to fabulous Stanley Park this is the best place to stay ever. Spotlessly clean, friendly and efficient staff, exceptionally well managed we were lucky to find this place and we keep coming back year after year. It is close to downtown either by walking or trolley bus and its Robson Street location signals excellent shopping. The cross street of Denman has more restaurants per block than any other seen. It is truly a remarkable place and can be highly recommended without any qualification!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
15 Thank LuluKincardine
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2007

The location of the suite was perfect if you are doing alot of walking and sightseeing. Quiet, safe, and clean with plenty of restaurents and grocery stores nearby. Underground parking and a secure enterance and elevator made you feel safe. Lots of foot traffic near the hotel so you are never alone. The room was spacious for our family of 4 however we did not have a view. There was not a window in the living area. Only the bedroom and the den (second room that fit a single bed and that was it). Felt a little closed in when in the living room because of no windows but again we didn't spend alot of time at the suite. Very clean and I would book there again. We were there 10 days and we loved the location. We will be back.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
13 Thank NLcoach
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stayed at Times Square right before Christmas and it was a very good experience. Everything was in order, no problems checking in/out, room was VERY clean. For the ammmenties you get the price is excellent. I got a room without a view and the small balcony looked out over the parking lot but it didn't bother us since we were out most of the day. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this establishment.

5 Thank dinolicious
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2006

We had a wonderful stay at the Times Square Suites. The staff could not be more friendly. The quality of the rooms really stood out. There was a wonderful kitchen and plenty of space. The location is just a little away from the centre of things but everything is within easy walking distance. We hired a car and travelled up to Whistler and Jasper and then down to Seattle. It was just a great relaxing time. We will be back!

• Liked — Beautifully presented.
  • Tips/Secrets — Hire a car in Vancouver
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Penselwood
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2006

My family of five stayed here for a 3-night city break as part of a bigger tour of BC, WA and OR. We loved the suite, it was spacious and well appointed at a very reasonable cost. Due to a 23 hour flight delay from the UK we did not arrive at the Suites until the morning after our intended time. I had contacted reception and warned them off and I was delighted when on arrival the receptionist told me that the manager had waived the fee for the previous night - nice touch. We had a 1-bedroomed suite with a den which was fitted with a single bed on our request. The suite was spacious with an excellent kitchen area and the added bonus of a tumble dryer and washer - just what a family needs when on a tour of Canada and the USA. We spent the last 3 nights of our holiday here and it was very handy being able to get our washing done in the convenience of our own room, prior to going home. I think the location is great, minutes from Stanley Park with a small supermarket and numerous restaurants on your doorstep. The walk into the centre of Vancouver is quite long but also quite enjoyable and local bus services stop close by.

• Liked — The suites with excellent facilities.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
11 Thank travelpassion
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2006

This place is great. Stayed in 1 bed apartment. Has everything you could ever need. Nicely decorated. Easy walking distance to harbour. Shoping and groceries, Cafes, Stanley Park, and was so spacious this place has everything and is well soundproofed as there was construction workers working outside. Only thing that is lousy about it, is that I'm not there now.
When I was trying to book a hotel for my wife and I a lot of hotels at rediculous prices. This is great value and I'm sure it would put a lot of hotels to shame in downtown wonderful.

• Liked — WHAT DIDN'T I LIKE
  • Disliked — LEAVING
  • Tips/Secrets — BOOK HERE