“Great service, excellent for families, nice location”

Times Square Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Times Square Suites was an excellent choice for our family of four. The standard two bedroom suite had ample room for the kids to run around and play in, and the full kitchen was great for a take-out dinner from one of the many nearby restaurants. Like any older property, a few dings and scratches here and there, but bed linens, dishes, and bathroom were all clean. Room was quiet at night (Friday night). We had an issue with the in-room washer and dryer; help was sent to remedy the problem in less than two minutes... seriously! A quick walk to Stanley Park and the aquarium. A longer, but feasible, walk along Robson to the main shopping district (~10 blocks). Staff gladly accommodated an early check in, as well as keeping bags in the locked storage after checkout while we explored the park. Next time we visit Vancouver on business or pleasure we won't have any need to shop around, we'll be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JenErikFam

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Overall the hotel meets our purpose as a family with kids. We could cook and wash our clothes and there was a DVD player for the kids to watch their videos. The location was great, with Stanley park within walking distance. The supermarket opposite was wonderful for grocery shopping to cook in the apartment. And with the medical centre nearby, I even took my sick girl to the doctor on arrival. Although it was on the end of Robson St, but I must say that it is well walking distance within most things. Overall a great stay. Especially for families and we could do with the extra space for the kids. Only issue we had was the kitchen did not come with a pot. Only a pan.. So when I wanted to boil some soup for my sick girl, I couldn't. But no issue though as we manage to get soup from nearby eateries.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Shan1331
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I travel extensively, spending quite a bit of time researching places to stay. I read reviews, and compare prices vs amenities. When I found that I was going to spent the Christmas holidays alone in Vancouver, I wanted a comfortable, home-like place to stay. Hours I spent, trying to find a perfect place. Even after selecting Times Square Hotel, I was still skeptical. But after staying there I can certainly recommend it with as high a rating as I can give. You will not regret staying here!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Islandwag
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If I lived in Vancouver, I'd want to be located close to Denman, my favourite street in the city. Spanning the West End from English Bay to Coal Harbour, it's chock-a-block with a global array of restaurants and little shops, and lies about a two-minute walk from Stanley Park. I don't live in Van, but I've found what could be like a personal pied a terre for city visits at the TImes Square Suites Hotel. Not only is this low-rise condo-style building located on Denman, it's actually at the corner of Denman and Robson (shopping central). On this trip I had a corner 2-bedroom suite with windows overlooking the action in both directions. Amenities included a fully equipped and spacious kitchen, big screen TV, fireplace and in-suite washer/dryer. Yesterday I had a one-day business trip to the Sunshine Coast and needed to take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay. Nothing could have been easier. Driving out of the hotel's secure underground parking, I just turned two corners and was on Hwy 99/Georgia St. The run to the ferry took about 25 minutes. My quick trip went incredibly smoothly because of Times Square's location. For future visits, I noticed a bike rental shop next door and I hope I'll be able to make time for a ride around Stanley Park. For sure I'll be continuing to explore the great dining possibilities right on my doorstep. Times Square is small, the staff I met were all very friendly and I really felt at home. I found the rates to be reasonable for this location.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laurie C
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were visiting Vancouver for a quick 3 day trip and needed a nice place to call a "home-base" while we were trekking around the city. Times Square Suites exceeded our expectations on all fronts. Our very late check-in was accommodated, as well as our early check out. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful during this process as well as with recommendations on great things to do in the area. Our 1 bedroom was extremely clean, with a large kitchen area, washer and dryer, big screen tv, fireplace, and double doors that opened out to a bustling, but reasonably quiet street. There was also access to the roof, where during nicer weather, you could barbeque and look over a great view of the city. We were in walking distance of Stanley Park, the boat piers and the Vancouver Aquarium. Also, being of Robson Street, we had access to great coffee shops, restaurants, as well as a gym/spa that we could use courtesy-free of the hotel.

Overall, I cannot sing my praises enough, as Times Square proved to be less expensive than other hotels in the area, but came through with superb quality. We have definitely already recommended this spot to friends and family and will look to stay again our next visit in Vancouver.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TooMuchKonichiwa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Times Square is ideally located just on the edge of downtown surrounded by several popular shops and restaurants and just a few blocks from beautiful Stanley Park. It is on a quiet block with little traffic or noise so although the downtown core is easily accessed, it doesn't feel busy or loud. The fully-stocked kitchen allowed us to make any meals that we wanted to and there are 2 great grocery shops just across the road to find supplies. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, 2 children and 1 baby and were all so comfortable during our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed at Times Square Suites for a week. I was very happy with my suite. It was a reasonably large one bedroom, condo style, about 550 - 600 sqft. The suite had a kitchen, a fireplace, a balcony, washer and dryer. The room cleaning was prompt and nonintrusive. They also made sure to keep certain little things in the suite the way I liked it, like leaving the windows slightly open to get some fresh air. This certainly goes beyond expectation and is an excellent deal for a reasonable price. The hotel has an excellent location with a Starbucks on the ground floor, Safeway across the corner and Whole Foods a couple of blocks up on Robson. There are also many cafes and restaurants for all budgets in the vicinity. There is a bike rental shop in the building, and Stanley Park is within a biking (or even walking) distance. Highly recommend to anybody visiting for a week or longer and looking for a more homely accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business