“What a find! (Why am I telllng anyone when it should be my secret?)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Times Square Suites Hotel

Times Square Suites Hotel
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria
“What a find! (Why am I telllng anyone when it should be my secret?)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The slogan for the Times Square should be something like "Move right into the neighborhood and make yourself at home!" Staying here felt like we lived in the heart of a big city yet in a great little neighborhood with coffee shops, grocery stores and even a community center right there .

The suites are complete apartments with everything you need to stay a night, a week or a month. Being at the heart of the west end you can walk to Stanley Park or English Bay easily as well as enjoy a plethora of great restaurants right there.

If this isn't enough the staff were all amazingly friendly and helpful and the housekeeping team should take a bow - amazingly clean everywhere. Kudo's to Rob for a great check in!

In addition to a great room, an awesome location & reasonable rates the rooftop deck with BBQ is not to be missed. If I'd had more time I woulda enjoyed some time reading and relaxing up there.

Parking is a bargain at $15 a night but be prepared for Vancouver's WAR on Cars as they add a 21% tax to parking charges. Hmmn 21% of $15 vs 21% of the $30+ a big hotel would charge nightly - yep - no brainer there!

Hopefully I'll still be able to book here next time I'm in Vancouver but I won't be surprised to see a sign saying "FULL"!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Denman will have the best views of the neighborhood so if you like activity request one...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iGuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Have just booked again for another stay at the exceptional Times Square Suites. As always my emails were answered immediately and reservation requests made without difficulty. This will be our 7th visit to Vancouver and TSS from Australia and we wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else! It is our home away from home and there is never any doubt about rooms, service, efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Not to mention the fantastic location. Looking forward to coming back in a few weeks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bethie
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay at Times Square Suites. My family of four, including 2 young children, were very comfortable and happy in our room. Having a suite with a one bedroom was key with the little ones and worked out great! The room was very clean, spacious and quiet. Having a full kitchen was very convenient as well! The location was perfect- walking distance to Stanley park and several restaurants and shops. Grocery store just across the street! The staff was very friendly and allowed us to check in early after we had traveled on the Amtrak all morning from WA. Oh, and I forgot to mention the Starbucks just right outside the hotel! just perfect for our family for our 3 night stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michele C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Times Square Suites is easily one of, if not the best hotel I have stayed at. My fiancé and I stayed there for two nights while visiting family in Vancouver. When we arrived it was late in the evening, we had travelled all day and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. We immediately felt welcome at the hotel and were more than pleased with our room. Full kitchen, TV with DVD player, a beautiful balcony facing Robson street and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on!! The suite was equipped with an air conditioner, fan and gas fireplace. The room was extremely clean and the decor was impressive to say the least. All of the staff at the hotel were very professional and friendly, especially Michael, the gentleman who was working the morning we checked out. I can safely say that this is now where I will stay every time I visit Vancouver. The location is fantastic as well. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mhresort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My fiance and I stayed @ TSSH for two nights. We loved the location. It was literally a 5 min walk to Stanley Park. The rooms were clean and very nice. We stayed on the third floor with a nice little balcony overlooking Robson st. Out front is a Starbucks for our yummy Americano's. A short walk down Robson gives you access to a variety of shops and restaurants. The staff were super nice and made us feel really welcome. I read some of the bad reviews and don't agree with them. The office is in the parking area but it is right close to where we parked and a short distance to the elevator, not like some long hauls with the luggage. Loved our stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
b.c. ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great location..best part of this hotel. Suites are pleasant and clean. So-o cheap to request that guests "buy" at $2:00 a package of coffee daily. Only the first one is complimentary.
One package of tea is complimentary daily so what's up?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank whatamthinking
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for businesses but plan to bring my wife to vacation in Vancouver. we will be staying here. there is a bike rental right behind the hotel too. Starbucks is right below as well. Italian restaurant nearby that is fantastic. if you want to stay downtown, stay here.

• Stayed February 2012