“Home away from home”

Times Square Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Traveling on business, I found the perfect studio to come home to after three intense conference days where I could regroup and go over notes. Along with that, prepare my own meal or snack later in the evening. This was the perfect accommodations and an extra special treat was the gas fireplace to take the October damp chill off my one mile trek back and forth to the conference. Very comfortable bed, I loved the colorful room and the kitchenette furnishings were great, I even had a dishwasher. I would stay here again, even recommend the whole family come to explore Vancouver BC and next time, get a larger suite. Pleasant staff, helpful of how to get around, great location, groceries easily available. I didn't get a chance to walk down to the health club facility but I won't forget my swim suit next time. I'll be back. -Thanks

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have been traveling all the way up from LA to Vancouver during two weeks, and we have stayed almost every night in a different hotel. Times Square Suites has been by far the best of all. The position is ideal in Vancouver downtown, the rooms are in fact comfortable apartments furnished with all that's needed, and the staff is extremely kind and efficient, we really could not have desired more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I were recently in Vancouver for a few days. Once again, we booked at Times Square Suites. This must be our fourth or fifth time staying there. We're always made to feel welcome by the friendly staff and this time was no exception. The rooms/suites are spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. We love having the well equipped kitchen; the only extra I ever bring is a knife sharpener! It saves us time and money to have breakfast and lunch "in". We like to explore culinary Vancouver and there are many terrific restaurants in the neighbourhood. There's a Safeway and BC Liquor Store kitty corner to the hotel, Starbucks across the street and bike rentals down the block. Stanley Park and the Seawall are five minutes away. We can walk downtown and to the Convention Center. It's great to be able to park the car on arrival in the secure parkade and not look at it again until it's time to leave. Being from a small town, we love the busy location and have spent several enjoyable hours people-watching from the balcony. The beds are uber-comfortable, though it pays to bring earplugs if city noises bother you. Times Square feels like a home away from home and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't like city noise, choose a room overlooking the alley. The street side rooms are re...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsd55
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a great stay at the Times Square Suites Hotel in Vancouver for five nights in September 2012. The one bedroomed apartment we had was clean, comfortable, stocked with everything we needed and there was plenty of room for me, my sister and all of our luggage. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Our favourite thing about the hotel was the location. Less than five minutes walk to beautiful Stanley Park, great for morning runs or walks. Right across the street from a huge Safeway so you can buy supplies you need. There is even a Starbucks and a couple of restaurants on the ground floor in the same building as the hotel. Walk in any direction away from the hotel and you will find more excellent restaurants. We ate in a different restaurant every night but we never had to walk more than five minutes. Ten minutes walk along Robson has you in the heart of the shopping district.

Fabulous location, great hotel, and I will definitely come back to stay if I'm in Vancouver again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We based our choice of staying at these suites on the previous reviews from Tripadvisor. This turned out to be an excellent choice. The suites are spotlessly clean and well decorated. Facilities are excellent including the rooftop terrace. Very central location. Friendly staff. Would recommend anyone to give them a try.
We were located to the front of the building which could be a bit noisy, but don't let that put you off, it really wasn't that bad - if necessary use the complimentary earplugs that are supplied. Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

At the beginning of Oct we stayed at the Times Square Suites for 2 nights. We had previously stayed there in 2011.

It is still excellent value for the money. This time (since we were 3 adults travelling together) we had a 1 bedroom + den suite. We also had a BC relative of my husband stay one night on the sofa bed so she could visit with us. The suite easily held 4 adults comfortably. My husband and I on the Queen bed in the bedroom. Our friend on the single bed in the Den. (The Den is QUITE small - just enough room for the single bed.) And for one night my husband's relative stayed on the Double sofa-bed couch - which she deemed "surprisingly comfortable".

In addition this suite has a full kitchen and bathroom + a washer and dryer. We had ample towels. The suite was very clean when we arrived and when we asked for new towels and 'freshening" of the room before my husband's relative arrived, there was no problem.

Just like on our previous stay, staff were very helpful, friendly and did their jobs well.

We arrived on the overnight flight from Hawaii like 3 zombies desperately in need of sleep. They were able to have our room ready for us before noon - which was much appreciated.

Once againI have to mention that this is not a full-service hotel. There is no restaurant or pool (but there is a nice deck on the roof). What makes it unique and perfect for us is: full kitchen and washer dryer, the excellent staff, the great location (near literally dozens of restaurants, Stanley park and downtown - yet in a "real' neighbourhood) and the very reasonable prices and very comfortable beds and a grocery store and public transit across the street.

Simply it was perfect for travelers like us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank zenotravels
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The location of our fully self-contained apartment at Times Square Suites Hotel near Stanley Park, overlooking Denman & Robson Streets, was excellent. The proximity to public transport, restaurants and other facilities was perfect. We enjoyed our 8 days stay in our apartment, and appreciated the friendly assistance from staff, especially Miriam, Michael and Rob. We would not hesitate in booking future accommodation at Times Square Suites.

Room Tip: Location and value for money.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple