“Highly Recommended”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Arbutus Vista Vancouver Bed and Breakfast Suite
Ranked #24 of 56 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Clean, comfortable and very spacious B&B in a quiet residential area of Vancouver, but within easy reach of shops and the sights of downtown Vancouver. Lauren and Patrick's attention to detail are what turned just any hotel into a home from home. The included laptop made it easy to find information in the area and check emails, and the breakfasts were a lovely start to the day. This was our first visit to Canada, but it will not be our last. We had a great 4 days here and will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed: August 2005
20  Thank JanH775

Reviewed August 5, 2005

As an international business traveler specializing in North American – Asian trades I often travel to Vancouver, BC which is a main entry port for the Asian market into North America. I have stayed at Arbutus Vista Vancouver BnB several times over the past couple years. I had previously posted a review of this place after my first stay at this BnB in January 2004 and this is an update, as coming back to the same place several times gives a more thorough perspective of the facility.

I selected this B&B as it has a unique feature which perfectly suits my needs as a businessman. It is totally self contained and private and, basically, it is a full apartment with a master bedroom, a full bathroom, an internet computer station with provided laptop, a large living room with gas fireplace where I can meet with clients and a tiny kitchenette. Full self-catered breakfasts are provided. I usually do not take advantage of the breakfasts and there is a discounted rate for the no-breakfast option. However, I asked for breakfast once and it was quite substantial: sun-dried tomatoes omelet, home baked croissants, fresh fruit salad, home made toasts, yogurts, large choice of preserves, butter, choices of tea (I don’t drink coffee), fresh squeezed orange juice and more. There is a large grocery store at 5 minutes walking distance and several restaurants at walking distance, including world-wide renown and Vancouver most famous restaurant “Lumière” (somewhat expensive but well worth it!).

One of the nice features of this B&B is its location. The house is on a quiet street in a safe upper class neighborhood. It’s only 10 minutes from the downtown core and it takes about 15 minutes to go to the airport. A private phone number with answering machine is provided in the suite. I used my own cell phone so I did not make use of the phone line but it could be handy for some people. I also did not use the provided laptop as I brought my own. I simply disconnected the cable from their laptop and connected it to mine to get full hi speed ADSL Internet. I appreciated the fact of having a true wired ADSL line rather than a blue tooth or wireless LAN as it provides a much more secure connection for business transactions over the net. I was also able to send and receive faxes, which was an added bonus (however, the fax machine is not located in the suite and I had to ask the hosts to use it).

Even though I really did not beneficiate from it due to lack of time, the house has a very nice and peaceful garden with water fountains and there is a small private patio for the suite with a table and a couple of chairs where I could seat while having a cup of tea in the sun in the morning.

As a business person and frequent traveler I find this BnB to be very well suited for the business traveler as well as couples traveling for pleasure and wanting all the benefits of a bed and breakfast without the inconvenience of having to share breakfasts with other guests when you do not feel like it!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
28  Thank Asian_traveller_HKG
Reviewed July 31, 2005

We stayed here for three nights. The hosts are warm and generous and welcoming. The accommodation is located at the back of a lovely home in a lovely tree lined residential street. Our lounge area had glass doors that opened onto steps leading to a relaxing garden.

We enjoyed all the extra attention to detail and especially the computer with broadband access for guest use! It is so good to be able to catch up with emails without leaving your own lounge.

Arbutus Vista B&B is ideal for any visit to Vancouver. It is near a bus route for easy travel around this lovely city.

We would stay again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: July 2004
21  Thank MonAbri
Devon, England
Reviewed November 4, 2004

We completely agree with all the comments made by other reviewers. This is without a doubt the best B&B we have ever been to. Exceptionally comfortable, pleasant quiet location, endless attention to detail, delicious breakfasts, superb service, great hosts. Anyone looking for a B&B in Vancouver should "beat a path to this door".

• Stayed: November 2004
27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ballina, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2004

The Arbutus B&B was all we wanted and more. The breakfasts were wonderful and we greatly appreciated the access to the internet. All amenities were there and everything was beautifully clean. The location was also very convernient. Lastly, our hosts, Lauren and Patrick, were very helpful and extremely pleasant. We had a great stay.

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 30, 2004

This B&B provides more than what you would expect. The facilities are exceptional and well-kept, making one feel at home as well as pampered. The apartment-like space is roomy and private with convenient features such as internet access and a kitchenette. More importantly, the warm hospitality of the hosts makes the stay enjoyable.

28  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2004

These are but a few words to credit Patrick and Lauren for the Bed & Breakfast they have thoughtfully put together. Our stay was for a short couple nights during late March, 2004.

My wife and I have stayed at many recommended B&B's over the years and have found this B&B one of the best we have had the good fortune of visiting.

Their attractively modest home is located on a safe quiet but very centrally located tree lined street in an area known as Vancouver West ..not far from all the sights and sounds of this vibrant city. The very spacious but very comfortable accommodations are semi-detached to the main house and offer complete privacy.

We concur with the other recommendations on this site and reiterate that the owners genuinely know how to care for their guests by providing more than the comforts expected and all at a reasonable price.

In fact the highlight of our visit was the enjoyable company and conversations with the hosts over the terrific breakfasts and such and we are now left with the fine feeling that our paths will cross again.

So 'bravo!' to these folks on their assured road to future success.

Wayne & Diane Taylor Victoria, B.C.

39  Thank A TripAdvisor Member