“Food and service were awesome”
Review of Tavola

Tavola
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 3,942 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went with my parents and daughter, and we tried several things from the menu. Everybody loved their food. We had the steak, fish and gnocchi. Also had a salad and dessert (interesting olive oil cake with berries). The lady who served us was wonderful - very friendly and efficient. It isn't a big restaurant, and there is a small patio. The atmosphere was casual and lively. It is at the north end of Robson, close to Stanley Park. Seemed like an interesting area. If I lived in Vancouver I would go back to Tavola often!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Everything we ordered was very good but truly we wished the servings were a bit more generous. We would have been happy if there was some good bread to fill out the meal. The service was good. Noise levels are high so not too good for a romantic dinner unless you are seated on the patio.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Times Square Suites, just next door, so it was convenient to eat at with the kids. As predicted by Denis, we would be back! And that we were, another 3 times! Food is divine, the chicken, the steak, the gnocchi- we loved it all and allowed Denis to order for us, so we tasted most of the menu!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food that was served was very good. My partner and I ordered a tapenade crostini (very good) and a burrata (which never came). My pasta was the spaghetti (with roasted tomato sauce and basil - very good, perfectly al dente), while my partner had the gnocchi -- also very good (and he felt the same way). We also had a side order of brussels sprouts, which were VERY good. The dessert was a chocolate fondant which, while tasty, was not particularly memorable (appeared to be a slightly hardened ganache with thawed frozen strawberries and frozen cream on top).

The big problem was the service. First of all, the front of the restaurant was poorly manned. There was no one there to greet patrons upon entry, and when someone finally did come up to seat us, she was distracted, seemingly confused about how to deal with people on the wait list, and needed a few minutes more to get things sorted out. That person also ended up presenting many of our dishes to the table during service, even though she was NOT officially our server.

Our server gave uneven service, seeming to ignore us while providing very attentive service to the family of 4 seated next to us. When coming to our part of the restaurant, he would stop for a few minutes to see how that family was doing, then turn around and quickly drop stuff off at our table before leaving (silverware, water and the like, since he didn't bring out all that many of our actual food items during the meal). It would have been nice to have been asked whether we wanted coffee during dessert -- not a cardinal sin, but it's that sort of attention to detail that would've been greatly appreciated, which was sorely lacking throughout the meal. We did NOT appear to get the same dining experience as the family next to us, even though our money is worth the same as theirs.

Would I go back? Perhaps, but not for a long while. Would I recommend this restaurant? If they had a take-out service (I don't know if they do), the food is worth eating -- but the service is NOT worth paying for.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Emphasis on sharing plates.

Everything on the menu is extremely flavorful that magnifies the quality ingredients used.

Crostini's are out on top of some of the best bread. The zucchini is grilled with good texture left and the brick chicken is moist with a crunchy skin at the same time. The pasta is some of the best in the city and one dish I would not want to share (get one for yourself if you have room).

Helpful service and lots of feature menu items not on the website make this place a hot spot so unless you go before 630pm make a reservation to secure you table!

1  Thank Grant L