“Fantastic Italian food using seasonal top quality produce”
Review of Tavola

Tavola
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed January 16, 2013

As we were staying upstairs in the Times Square Suites, Tavola seemed the obvious choice for dinner but due to New Year holidays we didn't manage to eat there until our last night in Vancouver. If we had eten there earlier I suspect we wouldn't have eaten anywhere else. Despite a limited menu everything on offer was of superior quality. The service was first class with our waiter even doing impressive card tricks or the kids! The specials are worth trying. I can't comment on dessert as we were too full after antipasto and mains but they looked just as impressive as we would have expected.

There are newer reviews for Tavola

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Cozy room, excellent food. Popped in on a whim, lucked into a table. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the food. OH. THE. FOOD.

We began with wine and a perfectly dressed arugula salad. A hint of good olive oil, a kiss of lemon, some magical cheese fairy waved her wand over the whole shebang--mahvelous.

On to the antipasti. Beautifully grilled veg, fluffy buffalo mozz, an assortment of olives, very nice.

We went for the special pasta: guanciale (pork cheek bacon--I DIE!!!) The pasta was made in-house and cooked so perfectly too the tooth I had trouble holding down the yummy noises to just underneath conversational levels.

No dessert this time I'm sorry to say. We were stuffed. Fool that I am I should have taken something back to the room.

Not fancy, not divey, just a killer, cozy neighborhood joint. Would highly recommend for a date, a casual dinner with friends, or a nice place to bring your pasta-lovin' mom. So good. So SO good.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The best of the best in causal Italian. Home made pasta! Sauces with amazing depth and richness.
Best crostinis ever!!
Always changing specials.
And super service.
We return every week!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful food, very friendly staff, good wine prices, nice room. Not expensive, but sure tastes like it!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stumbled onto Tavola for my wife's birthday dinner. We checked the rating of another restaurant we had planned on going to and found out that it was rated very poorly. Our iPhone then went to work and we searched for other restaurants within walking distance. Tavola came up as highly recommended on TripAdvisor, so we walked in and had a seat at the bar. At first glance the menu was small and had a lot of things that my wife doesn't eat. But just as we were ready to leave the server came up to us and asked if she could help us. We told her the schpiel... no pork, no beef and no anchovies... difficult in an Italian restaurant. She said not to worry. She recommended sharing the Antipasta platter (a huge portion of roasted and marinated vegetables) from the large "specials" board, half of a lemon roasted chicken, the 4 mushroom pasta (leaving out the ham).... wow it was very very excellent. That with two glasses of wine was great... then we had a very delicious apple dish with the very best decaf Americano I've ever had to top it off.

We have talked about this restaurant to a bunch of our friends in the last few days and we for sure will be back for more special dinners. The price was right in the ball park, great service and very authentic Italian cuisine.

My only tiny complaint was no hot crusty bread... but I guess they are trying to sell the Crostinnis from the menu. We didn't need the bread as the meal was very satisfying in every way.

Thank you Tavola!!!!