Samesun Vancouver
Hotel Ambassador(Vancouver)
  • Room Service
The Burrard(Vancouver)
1,432 results
All reviewsbar downstairsdaily activitiescommon roomsamesun hostelbed dormmovie roomfree breakfastgreat locationlynn canyongranville streetfirst floorcommon areasenjoyed my stayclean roomsheart of downtowncentral locationstanley park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Fun Hostel located near all the clubs.
Staff did well keeping everything organized, and clean. They were very helpful and quickly familiarized us with the city.
The tours were fun and Stephanie was awesome. Thanks Stephanie the for Ganville Island tour.
Food was not bad, but was great on our budget. Breakfast was a little bleak, but I can understand that with all the fun things going on till late not many people would make it down for breakfast.
Had a great time during new years eve at the Beaver.
I will definitely remember Samesun and stay at any of the other locations if I get the chance.

Happy New Years!

Room Tip: Third floor on the non-street side are warm and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2013

A bird pooped on the window but thats not really their fault.
Good free breakfast!
Rowdy Australians cleaned the bathroom between 8 and 9 am. Seems to me like there's a better way to do that but who am I to judge? It was ok.
Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

It's been 4 months since I stayed here and I'm still undecided on exactly what I think about it.
I might just list some of my thoughts below, and hopefully they help you in making your decision...

It's in a great location for partying, but I wasn't in the partying mood so should have stayed somewhere else. The staff are lovely though, which really made our stay a whole lot better. The Wifi was quite good too and didn't drop out that much. The showers and toilets are cleaned regularly so that was really nice too. I guess my main concern about it was just that it's a very noisy place to stay and I wish I had realised that Granville Street was in the entertainment district before we booked.

Are you a night owl?
Yes, stay here. No, probably not the best place to stay.
This hostel is on Granville Street, which is where all the night life is. We were unfortunate in having a room facing the road, so our sleep quality was insanely bad! I think I was jet-lagged before I got on the plane home.

Do you prefer to dine out rather than use the hostel's kitchen?
If yes, stay here. If no, I'd look somewhere else. The restaurants around this area are awesome! There is an Irish pub around the corner who made the best Beef and Guinness pie I've ever had! (& I've been to Ireland!).

Room Tip: Dorms with windows along Granville Street are insanely noisy! Prepare for no sleep if you have one of these dorms :-(
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nalu06
Reviewed December 19, 2013

i spent 4 days in this hostel - excellent location, super friendly and helpful staff, nice hostel!

the only not-amazing thing is that breakfast is a bit poor, unless you really really REALLY love butter and muffins there wasn't a great variety of food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
petegas78, Manager at Samesun Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Hello, thanks for the kind review. Just letting everyone know what our breakfast is so you know what you are getting into. We offer a few types of toast, bagels & cream cheese, and muffins, as well as coffee, tea, juice and fruit salad. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Committed carb suicide by having bagels and bread for breakfast but I am a strict dieter. Great hostel, solid location. Had a good nights sleep and internet was very good. Friendly staff and good vibe

Room Tip: Go to a canucks game
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel