C & N Backpackers - 927 Main
$262
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

$299
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $341/night.

The Burrard(Vancouver)
$259
$234
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

$304
$313
$216
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $288/night.

Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had a really good stay, and everyone was really nice. Thanks to the wonderfull staff at c&n backpackers hostel: I can't emphasize enough how amazing this place is! Clean, comfortable,casual....yet still professional. You provided a haven for me so unexpectedly. Lovely homey atmosphere and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank happypeppy
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have done my fair share of travelling and staying in hostels in Canada and Internationally, and this is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. It was a bit cheaper than other hostels in Vancouver, but it was SO not worth saving a few bucks for. There was a sink in my room and there were bugs coming up from the drain, I was standing at the payphone and a cockroach crawled right over my foot, and the other guests at the hotel seemed to be homeless people from around the area....pretty rough characters to be honest. I didn't feel comfortable at all so I left really early in the morning. As I was checking out, the man working the front desk was loudly complaining about a guest that he had an argument with and being pretty inappropriate and rude about it. overall, horrible stay. I'm not very picky when it comes to where I stay when travelling, but this place was just that bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I stayed here in Jan 2011 because it was the cheapest hostel in Vancouver. To be honest for only $20 a night it was pretty good but if I had paid any more I would have been very disappointed. The worst part of it are the rooms. The bunks are noisey and the rooms are dirty but ill give a 3/5 star rating.

I notice all the 1/5 star reviews are from people that stayed here during the olympics. My guess is that these people may not be used to hostels and were expecting more of a hotel.

Free computer for internet which was good.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank fruges12
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My girlfriend wasn't sure about staying here, but because we were trying to save money and wanted an hostel with a kitchen I persuaded her to stay here.
At first the hostel seems ok, the communal area when we first arrive up the stairs seemed good, the receptionist gave us loads of useful information about Vancouver and I thought my gamble had paid off.......until I got to the room. An odd divan style bed that we found out in the night buckles in the middle. The sink seemed unusable because the amount of rust. The room in general wasn't in great condition. Old rickety desk and chair with a lot of the paint coming off.
Only a limited number of bathrooms. The toilet floor on the lower floor looked like one from an old pub and god knows when it was given a good clean and the shower in the lower shower room was covered in black mould. Again, god knows when they actually cleaned inside. One morning I was pleased that I was going to be the first person to use the bathroom after it was cleaned. But he seems all they did was mop, which instead of removing all of the hair on the floor, just spread it around.
When booking it said it had a laundry, which is one washer and one dryer to service about 40 rooms. But good old C&N have put up notes saying that the hostels gets priority use, so when you see stacks of sheets you seem to realize you'll get no washing done.
2 kitchens in the hostel, in one the oven doesn't work and the other started to smoke because of the dirt when we turned it on and the fridge really smells when you open it.

In general, this hostel could be so much better if they even kept up with simple cleaning and maintenance, but at the moment I would recommend that people find somewhere else to stay

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trickytree2010
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Okay let me tell you first that my boyfriend and I are young people who arnt really picky and understand that you get what you pay for so we knew the place wasnt gonna be highclass, or very attractive but what we didnt want to pay for is bed bugs. and the hotel is constantly trying to fight them. they spray every tuesday. we paid 320$ for 6 days, only to have found out that the hostel is actually a low rent "hotel" which is very simular to alot of rooming houses I have lived in. and that there are alot of locals who live here for like $400-450 a month, depending on the room. for a little more we coulda stayed alot longer but we're really happy we didnt. Like I said my boyfriend and I have lived in some pretty ruff places in our lives and this place is just like any other rooming house/ low income residental hotel. we can deal with just about anything, but I really hate bed bugs and my boyfriend breaks out in massive welts all over his body when he gets bitten. where as I dont. so for some people like me you may not realise u have them unless you happen to catch the crawling on your bed or wall or worse, on you. we arrived on the monday, and had slept ontop of our own blankets so we didnt notice them the first night, on tuesday the bedbug guys came to check our room and had found 2 bedbugs crawling on the matress and they just picked them off, when we asked if they were gonna spray they said no because "it would be fine". we slept on our blankets again hoping we would be okay, but by morning my boyfriend woke up with these big dollar size red welts on his sholders and back of his legs, in our past experiances when my boyfriend and I are sleeping in the same bed that has bugs, I almost never get biten and they seem to just bite him so we knew from past experiances that they were the cause of his very ichy bite marks. we told the front desk guy about them and after him expaining how they only spray on tuesday and us telling him how they wouldnt they finally sprayed our boxsprings and put sticky paper under our bed. 4 hours later when we were allowed back into our room and within about 5min of being back in we saw a bedbug crawling up the wall and my poor boyfriend continued to get biten. because the hostel is right in the DTES which hosts alot of drug addicts and shady people. we stupidly got ripped off by a guy we met the day before who promised us vip tickets to a downtown club. georcery shopping is hard as all the Asian markets sell only produce and fish, so the convence stores near by within walking distances charge u an arm and a leg for simple items like cereal and milk. u gotta catch a bus to up 2 broadway and theres a "save on foods" near main and broadway.
we had also told the front desk guy that we our bus didnt leave till a little later pass the 11am check out time and hoped that cuz of the bedbug situation that they would have let us stay a bit longer just to wait but they said no because of other peoples reservations. even though we knew there were lots of empty rooms. so that was disapointing too. they did let us keep our luggage in there storage room while we left to kill time b4 we had to catch our bus. I wouldnt reccomend this place to anyone with high standards. it is simply a place to sleep. (if u can) our room was always really cold at night too so it sucked having to sleep on top of our blankets. we ended up giving away our blankets when we left to to advoid cross contamination. this place is good for people who would only be staying a nite or 2 without any expectations of quality.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple