“AMAZING FOOD”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Howe and Burrard Street
Transit: Expo/Millenium/Canada Line Skytrain. Waterfront Station. 44 UBC. Secured paid parking available underneath the Terminal City Club ($7 from 6:00pm - 12:00am) and metred street parking ($6 per hour).
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Been here many times great food and a beautiful environment, Sushi , fresh and scrumptious, none better; Ebi Bread, sounds innocent, have to have it every visit; Nasi Goreng, kill me now, can't live without it (is it bad form to scrape the inside of the stone bowl with your fingers?); Ika, heaven; my favourite, sorry guys, Polenta Fries, I know, but you must have them. The best value, if you have the time, is Hapa Hour, 3-6pm, basically most of my favourites are half price with draft beer for $4 and wine $5. It's a horrible decision when I dine because I must have my favourites but my curiosity is always piqued at what I might be missing. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the cocktails, fantastic. Bartenders are fantastic and eager to experiment if you're game, seems like they're always coming up with something new and delicious. Vancouver is a foody town, but this place always tops my list of must go, every trip, can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

we walked in at 5:30pm and the restaurant was completely empty. we only went for a quick snack, a drink and to discuss some work. the Edamame was cold, which was okay, definitely well seasoned by my friends think it was pre-cooked which turned them off of it.

Their spicy tuna roll was quite average. nothing special to write home about. Their Ika Calamari will have to be a BIG pass next time. Small pieces and over cooked, ended up like eating chewy bubble gum that just kept on chewing.

Next we had the wings which was okay, but they came smothered which salsa and a japanese sauce on top which made the wings extremely soggy and hard to eat.

i will have to re-think visiting this location as i don't think it was worth it.

2  Thank dorsi2010
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good food. Smart, speedy service and good atmosphere. Convenient for any of the waterfront hotels. Not too expensive either.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Been here 4 times in the last year, even though I don't live in Vancouver, but it's a must when I'm visiting. The food is ALWAYS of the same high quality, I never wonder whether something will be as good as I remember it. Sushi , fresh and scrumptious, none better; Ebi Bread, sounds innocent, have to have it every visit; Nasi Goreng, kill me now, can't live without it (is it bad form to scrape the inside of the stone bowl with your fingers?); Ika, heaven; my favourite, sorry guys, Polenta Fries, I know, but you must have them. The best value, if you have the time, is Hapa Hour, 3-6pm, basically most of my favourites are half price with draft beer for $4 and wine $5. It's a horrible decision when I dine because I must have my favourites but my curiosity is always piqued at what I might be missing.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the cocktails, fantastic. My favourite is Ginger Kick, gingery with a hint of lavender. Bartenders are fantastic and eager to experiment if you're game, seems like they're always coming up with something new and delicious. Handsome too.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had the same takeout a couple of nights and it was excellent- really fresh maki with a bit of a kick and the fusion tacos I had were spicy and original. With an eleven month old who needed bed we didn't get the chance to eat in or sample much of the menu, but I bet it's as good as what we did