“Cute place”
Review of Panz Veggie

Panz Veggie
Ranked #1,637 of 3,947 Restaurants in Vancouver
Description: We have been one of Vancouver’s favourite local spots for Chinese vegetarian and vegan cuisine for many years. We use ingredients that are locally sourced, ethical and fresh.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had heard from friends about this place being a vegan in Vancouver is relatively easy as there is so many great places to eat.
We ordered fake chicken drumsticks, veggie tempura with yam fries,curry vermicelli and a sweet and sour dish. Food was good the only thing i found was the tempura could of been drained a bit more of the oil. Food was good and service was too.

1  Thank Pblandy

Reviewed August 26, 2013

It took us three attempts to eat at Panz as the first night we couldn't find it, the next night it was shut. All this may have been avoided if we had done our research before going. I am an omnivore and my partner a vegetarian. Our experiences of eating out consist of looking for somewhere that does more than a pizza or omelette for vegetarians. It means we miss a lot of potentially interesting restaurants. Panz is a small oriental place near to Granville Island. The food is vegan apparently but delicious definitely. Even to a carnivore. The service is wonderful. On ordering two starters and two mains the lady serving us (who I think is the owner) suggested that we had ordered rather a lot of food and offered to halve each of the starters. I was very dubious. We were on holiday after all but went with it telling myself we could fill up later. She was , of course completely right. We were stuffed. I particularly loved the ' spare ribs' which may have been tofu, I don't know. If I did I would be trying to make them now instead of writing this. They were sticky and chewy and rich, better than the best pork spare ribs. There was no drinks menu. Jasmine tea and water came free and flowing. The food was all delicious and plentiful. The service friendly , the atmosphere relaxed and the bill small. I so wish this restaurant was around the corner from me in England. If you're in Vancouver, I urge you to try Panz. It's lovely.

1  Thank suesvisits
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Lovely vegetarian tofu, gluten and bean curd dishes - sweet and sour 'steak' bites are yummy! Good value, two massive starters, two mains and rice all fir $40 inc tax and tip - they don't charge for drinks - no drinks menu given to us - water and jasmine tea . Would definitely go again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

First taste of tofu. Excellent lunch, reasonably priced, courteous, quick service. Very simply decorated. Large bamboo plants, hard wood floor and soft oriental music playing in the background led a very enjoyable experience. Definitely have lunch there again the next time I come to Vancouver.

1  Thank Deb B
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I are vegetarians so when we found Panz veggie, we were ecstatic. Imagine our excitement when we realized that Everything on the menu was completely vegetarian. We tried the soup which was spicy and delicious as well as fried rice that came with this rice that looked red and a meat substitute which was ham-like? One word, Amazing!
Would highly recommend this place to vegetarians and non-vegetarians too. Yes, it is that good. Also amazing service, our waiter was very zen.

1  Thank Subr079