“fun and informative!”

Prohibition City Downtown and Chinatown Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 163 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fun and informative!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I study and UBC and was looking for a creative way to spend my friday night! I decided to check out a gastown tour with two other friends and it was great! Our guide staying in character the entire time, making for a very entertaining performance with amazing information about the area that I doubt I would have learned otherwise. The tour ended around 8pm in the heart of gastown leaving the rest of the night open for my friends and I to explore the beautiful streets.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank ZoeyCollins

Vancou
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tiffany is an 11 out of 10!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

i recently undertook the Lost Souls of Gastown tour and thought that Tiffany's performance as Sarah Briars was simply fantastic! a powerfully, floor-less, informative and energetic performance that i really appreciated. best money i have spent in Vancouver!! thanks Tiffany and the Team!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Elliott E
Vancouver
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A walk in time”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Did the Gastown tour in October. It was enjoyable. We went inside a few times which I thought was strategic based on the cooling weather. The stories were interesting and vivid. I even learned a few things about the area which I had never heard before.

It's a great activity to do as a tourist (of course), with friends or on a date.

1 Thank beccabug
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a gas in Gastown!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Spectacular tour!! Such great entertainment and worth so much more than it's price. What a deal. I just loved the intensity of the scenes and the voyage back in time. Our guide Corwin was terrific - really informative and just embodied his character heart and soul. I became so invested in his life and the time just flew by. I will certainly try one of the other tours in the future. I've lived in Vancouver a long time and always wondered what the attraction was about Gastown - the Lost Souls showed me.

1 Thank Ghoulfriend
Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Scary Ghost walk!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We did this for a fun Halloween event and were not disappointed our guide was amazing and how she stayed in character the whole time was very impressive! It was fun to play tourist in our own city and learn some of the history of Gastown and Vancouver.

It's told very well, with a real attention to detail and the photos that they have to show you are really interesting.

1 Thank Velvet1975