“Amazingly Told - Take one of these tours !”

Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 167 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A friend of mine convinced me to accompany them on the Prohibition City walking tour this past week. Having lived in Vancouver for over 15 years, I wasn't that excited about the prospect of walking some of the same streets I have walked on countless times before, but decided to go along anyway. I was surprised at how much history I learned about Vancouver's darker days - I will never look at those same streets in the same ways again! I was also very entertained by our knowledgeable guide Rob. His genuine enthusiasm and energy was truly what made it captivating, along with his well presented commentary. I highly recommend this tour for not only visitors, but especially for locals who may think Vancouver doesn't have such a colourful and exciting past.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had a great time tonight on the Prohibition Tour with Gisele. I learned a lot about the history of the city and had tons of fun doing it. I highly recommend this tour. Caelie

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Thought I would be a tourist in my own town. George our gracious time traveling tour guide made history exciting for us. He transported our small group back to the early days of Gastown.His engaging retelling of his own personal stories made the history lesson come to life! Part murder mystery, part love story and completely entertaining.

1  Thank Salmagundiwest
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Our family went on The Lost Souls of Gastown tour.

Interesting facts about the real and not so real history of Gastown where written into an entertaining script that was well performed by our guide. Bravo Mark. I appreciated that the tour pointed out some of the liberties the city has taken with the portrayal of historical Gastown. No spoilers though.

The time and distance of the tour was perfect and did not tax the attention span of myself nor my 14 year old daughter.

If you prefer your facts droned at you in nasal monotone by a sign wielding, polyester suited "Hi my name is Bob!", tour guide then you are not going to like this much. The rest of us are going to have a great time though.

I would certainly recommend this outfit to a friend and we will be trying some of their other tours.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Fabulous gift from our family. Prohibition City tour gave a great insight of life in Vancouver when
my grandfather managed a hotel on Main St. around 1912-1914. I learned so much about
Vancouver and Prohibition. Thanks to Rob for making the tour so interesting!
Sandi & Pete