“Fabulous Hidden History Photowalk”

Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 159 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and special event Secrets of the Penthouse. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
New Westminster
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fabulous Hidden History Photowalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, being a tourist in my own town and learning new photography tips. Great fun!

North Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I took some friends to the Lost Souls of Gastown last night and we all had a blast! Our guide was fantastic and super knowledgable. He not only gave us information related to the tour, but told us some interesting facts about the city while we waited for the tour to begin. At the end of the tour her offered to stick around and answer any other question we might still have. Her was friendly and engaging from beginning to end. We can't wait to go to Prohibition City soon! I would recommend Forbidden Vancouver to everyone!

Vancouver, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A Must for locals & tourist.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took the Prohibition City tour on Thursday, July 18 and our guide was Gisele. This is one of the best tours I've have experienced and loved every minute of it. We all met at Cathederal Square with our group and Gisele greeted everyone with her warm and friendly personality.
We all became reporters, given papers and pencils/pens, told that were going to be clues as we walked the beat. We learned more about back lanes and what happened during this time in our city. Gisele brought us back to 1917, showed us historical pictures, was very expressive and theatrical and learned about the corruption of that time. I learned more about Vancouver in the 90 minute walk, that took us from Victory square, Chinatown and Gastown, which was about 20 blocks. Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring water and let your imagination take you back to the early 1900 in our city. Gisele was fabulous as I kept wondering how could she remember all this information, and truly had all of us fascinated.
I've been on many tours over the years, due to my job, and I can say this is one of the best tours that I highly recommend for locals and tourist. Fun, informative, interesting, and loved how each area, Gisele would stop to share stories.
I would do this again, since there's alot to take in and something everyone should do in our city. Did I say, I love this tour.

2 Thank northshorejoey
New Westminster, BC, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Learned a lot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Sometimes it pays to be a tourist in your own town. We live near Vancouver and thought we knew a great deal of area history, but we decided to try the Prohibition City tour anyway. Our guide Gisele did a fantastic job of interactively presenting a wealth of information about the city's boozy and not-so-boozy past, much of which was new to us. She also ensured that everyone in the tour group was well taken care of, including a lady who needed to stop and rest frequently. We were so impressed that we are hoping to try some of the other Forbidden Vancouver tours later in the summer. The price is very reasonable, and you're guaranteed to learn a lot and have fun in the process.

Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 214 helpful votes
“SUPER FUN and INFORMATIVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was the highlight of my Vancouver trip! the tour was interactive (keep your eyes open for clues!!). I loved how the history of the city came alive and you are standing right where it happened! The guide was fantastic and kept his audience engaged the entire time! Book in advance and enjoy! wear good walking shoes ;) He will stop along the route and let you use the bathroom too!

Visited August 2012