“Prohibition City Tour - Fun for Tourists and Locals”

Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 167 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This tour was really enjoyable for us locals and our visitors from Europe. Tanya our tour guide was excellent. I have lived in Vancouver for more than 40 years and had no idea about the fascinating details of this part of the history of our city. I am looking forward to going on the other Forbidden Vancouver tours in the months to come.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of taking the "Lost Souls of Gastown" tour with the lovely and incredibly talented Tiffany Anderson. From the moment the tour started I felt as though I was taken right back to the past of our historic city. I was engulfed in the story of Sara Bray and the people she knew, and found myself eagerly waiting to hear the events of each upcoming stop along the way! Our tour guide Sara Bray (played by Tiffany Anderson) shared interesting facts and insight into what the wold of Gastown was compared to what we know it to be. Through in-depth storytelling and heart wrenching song, Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours delivered. If the "Prohibition City" tour is anything like the "Lost Souls of Gastown" tour, SIGN ME UP! Fantastic work.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I took this tour with my parents and some friends, all Vancouver locals, and we were delighted to have learned so much about Vancouver's history. The tour is entertaining and well-planned; it provides a fantastic look at some colourful downtown areas and a history-lover-approved script of juicy stories and eyebrow-raising facts about this wonderful city. Highly recommended to locals and visitors alike, looking for something more engaging than your usual tourist traps.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My father and I, both long-time locals and lovers of history, took the Prohibition walking tour last week and really enjoyed ourselves! The tour provides a lot of information on the prohibition era, as well as other tidbits of local history, in a way that is entertaining and interactive. We loved being challenged through the "investigations" posed to us. Rob, our tour guide, was friendly and played his role as a reporter very well. My only warning to all is to bring an umbrella to Cathedral Square in case you too become a target for the seagulls above!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thank you for hosting our corporate event (RLG) and the first-rate storytelling of the lost souls of Gastown as we tour many sites on this historic tour. We had an amazing evening and enjoyed the rapport your character had with our group. Will sign up next for your Prohibition walking tour with friends and family. Thanks again from Leslie (aka Kitty Rockwell).