“A fantastic historical adventure!”

Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Lost Souls of Gastown Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 169 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had done a couple ghost walking tours in Victoria and decided to see if there was anything here in Vancouver and then I stumbled upon Forbidden Vancouver. A friend and I decided to do the "Lost Souls of Gastown" walking tour and it was fantastic. Our tour guide was simply amazing! Our guide starts out by taking on the character of one of the people who used to llive and work in Gastown. From he leads the tour in and out of buildings and up streets and down back alleys and with each stop adds another piece to the puzzle of this persons life. I was simply engrossed in the historical details of the stories. My friend and I have done nothing but rave about the experience since and will definitely do another tour with the rest of our friends!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

As a resident of Vancouver, I thought it would be fun to support and experience tours in my home. After tonight, I learned the reason forbidden Vancouver is number one!

The storytelling took my partner and I right into the past, and engaged us in the tantalizing historical affairs of a past Vancouver resident.

We were captivated, and cannot wait to come on another tour, and bring everyone we know with us!!

Thank you so much Will, this is my new top activity in Vancouver!!

1  Thank suzrushton
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We started our first trip to Vancouver with this walking tour and are so glad we did! According to tripadvisor's "tips" I should let you know to bring a camera and comfortable shoes. Anyway, there are three things (at least) that stand out about this walking tour that made it a five star experience: (1) it was informational; (2) it was interactive; and (3) Will was a great tour guide. Will knows his Vancouver, but even more impressively he knows how to set a good mood for the group. He was very relatable and engaging, taking and posing in photographs and answering questions. Vancouver is a beautiful, interesting city and Will lets you in on some of its lesser known history. We saw quite a bit, learned even more, and had a decent walk as well. I don't want to reveal too much of what we saw and how the tour is interactive, perhaps it changes over time or you want to be surprised (like we did). But I can say that it was time and money well spent--thanks Will for providing another great memory of our trip to Vancouver.

3  Thank Russ J
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We are a small local business in Gastown. We were having a staff night out and decided that it would be a great idea to do walking tour in our neighborhood. We took part in the "Lost Souls of Gastown" tour. We were able to learn so many great facts about the area and be entertained!

Our guide, Will, was fantastic! He stayed in character throughout the tour. He took the time to introduce himself to everyone and answer any questions that we had along the way.He also had with him photos of what the area used to look like. The weather was great the night of our walk, but rain or shine this tour would always impress!

We would highly recommend this historical tour of Gastown if you were interested in doing something different and getting yourself out of the office!

2  Thank Natalie G
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Bring your steno pad and pencil with you because as an undercover newspaper reporter you’ll need them to help uncover the secrets and expose the scandals of Vancouver in the early 1900s.

Our first night in town my husband and I participated in the Prohibition City walking tour. Our tour guide and fellow reporter was quite energetic, knowledgeable and able to go with the flow when my husband would try and get him off script. I’ve been on my share of walking tours and can honestly say that this one is quite good. Not only was this an entertaining way of learning the layout of the city and the ‘hidden’ history surrounding it but it’s also a good stretch of the legs.

Highly recommend this tour to any one visiting the area or locals looking for some more information on their city.

1  Thank j9sunshine