“Highly recommend!”

Prohibition City Downtown and Chinatown Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 163 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover Vancouver's dirty history with Forbidden Vancouver. Now staging walking tours Lost Souls of Gastown, Prohibition City, and Secrets of Stanley Park. If your idea of adventure is following your guide down lamp lit alleyways, back to a world of illegal booze, opium dens, and unsolved murders, then you'll love Forbidden Vancouver.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Travel back in time as a newspaper reporter and find yourself in the midst of prohibition, and everything that single vote brought to Vancouver.. A friend and I took this tour Friday evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Both of us are Vancouverites - born and bred - and were amazed to learn about our beautiful city's scandalous history. Our guides, Will and Rob, were knowledgeable, funny and friendly. I would recommend this tour to any adult looking for an enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

Visited July 2012

Vancouver
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I recommend Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tour for those that like to have fun.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We met our tour guide "Will" at 6:30pm on a wednesday night in late June 2012 in Cathedral Square. He was dressed as an old-timee reporter and as the last of our group arrived he cleared his throat to garner our attention. We had all been handed little note pads and pencils while waiting and now we were informed their purpose; we are all reporters and we've got an assignment. The assignment is to dig up the dirty past of Vancouver 1890-1940. We were all very eager/intrigued and ready to start.

What followed was essentially a great story, told by an excellent storyteller, who used the city as his canvas. There was plenty of intrigue, fantastic facts, and great characters that we were all imagining inhabiting a smokey, booming, forbidden, Vancouver.

I'm a well informed local, somewhat of a history and city buff. I was amazed by the stories Forbidden Vancouver had dug up, I certainly learnt a bunch of new party stories that night.

I really enjoyed our Forbidden Vancouver tour, I highly recommend it.

Visited June 2012
Sydney
7 attraction reviews
“Will wins crowd”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

The walking trip revealed a lot about Vancouver that no other guide will explain to you. By creating a role play Will makes the trip really enjoyable and interactive for all participants. Definate value for money for an evening in Vancouver. If you pay attention you may get a sweet farewell...

Muscat, Oman
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Enjoyable and Interesting!!! Worth it.”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As a family of 4 this was our first experience of guided walks round Vancouver. The talk was enjoyable and interesting with the opportunity to be undercover reporters while on tour. The Gaslight and China town area has many interesting stories and these were regaled to us by Will and his associate Mr F. Will managed to capture our imagination and Mr F. swept us back in time with stories of the chinese in Vancouver. Really enjoyed the evening although I would not venture into this area unless going on this type of tour. Do it, kids over 16 are welcome and my girls certainly enjoyed the experience!!!

Visited July 2012
“Entertaining!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I live in Vancouver and took a visitor on the tour. Learned so many interesting facts. Opium dens, showgirls, blind pigs! Vancouver? Who knew! Will and Rob were great!