“Don't waste your time”
Review of Tickets Tonight

Tickets Tonight
Ranked #39 of 115 Shopping in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Tickets Tonight sells tickets to live performance in Greater Vancouver. We are operated by Tourism Vancouver and sponsored by the Vancouver Sun. We sell regular price tickets to a variety of events, and a limited number of half-price tickets for select performances the day of at our 200 Burrard St location. PLEASE NOTE: There is no direct phone number to the ticket booth because there is typically only one person on duty at a time. Listed number is our call centre for phone sales. For a recorded half-price listing, call 604 684 ARTS
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This discount box office is new, and they'd better get their "act" together if they hope to succeed! I've been getting their emails for a few months now and they haven't offered anything appealing to me at all...until 2 days ago when they advertised that 1/2 price tickets to Theatre Under the Stars would be available the next day. I figured they wouldn't have a whole lot of tickets since it was the show's opening night, but it was worth checking out. Tickets go on sale the day of performance...the TUTS tickets were there on the Tickets Tonight website and also on their recorded phone message when I called. No one was answering the phone and the recording warned that the message wasn't updated hourly, but I still thought it was worth a try. So I made my way straight downtown. (After all, how fast could tickets sell out during a work/weekday?) Well, there were no customers in the office and the sales clerk was just standing there, looking out the window. I asked for Theatre Under the Stars and she told me the tickets were sold out. I said that I had just called and heard a message saying they were available today and I had also checked their website; she shrugged and said they can't update regularly. Now...I get that they probably have "rush" times when they can't answer the phone or be updating their phone messages, but if there isn't some way of updating the website they need to get with the times! Just ask the thousands of online retailers how difficult it is to have an online inventory that automatically updates with sales - they wouldn't be in business if it couldn't be done. And in my opinion, "Tickets Tonight" shouldn't be either. I guess they could be CHOOSING not to update, hoping to get foot traffic in their door and perhaps sell tickets to something else, but I, for one, have better things to do with my time. My advice: don't bother with this retailer unless you live across the street and/or have nothing better to do.

Visited July 2013
Tickets_Tonight, Manager at Tickets Tonight, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve our quality of service. For what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Tickets Tonight. I have sent a reminder email to our team advising of correct procedure in updating postings re: half-price inventory. If you are willing and able to let us know the date and time you visited, I will follow up with the individual who was on shift as well. Please email info [at] ticketstonight [dot] ca with any further information you can provide.

I hope you will consider coming back to Tickets Tonight in the future. Please rest assured that the situation you describe falls far outside our quality standards for customer service. When it's not busy at the ticket booth, staff are expected to update the half-price postings in a timely manner whenever the inventory changes. I was also disappointed to hear about the agent's attitude. We’ve been in business for 11 years, and it’s certainly not because of practices like these!

Again, any further information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, and please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of all of us at Tickets Tonight.

My best,