“Deelish”

Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Delicious savoury crepes - the fillings emphasize quality over quantity. Small but cozy. Friendly service. A perfect light dinner before a movie at the Park Theatre.

There are newer reviews for Trixi's Crepe and Coffee Haus

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice little restaurant for a quick bite. Fast service, good coffee (they make specialty coffee as well). Although not very big, we had no wait for a table. For a small place, they have a menu full of variety. I had the meal sized crepe with asparagus, ham and cheese, while my partner had a dessert crepe with honey and lemon. We enjoyed them, however I could have enjoyed mine more if there had been a bit of Hollandaise (or some variety of sauce) drizzled over it in order to bring the crepe and contents together. I think that the flavor of a Hollandaise would have enhanced the ham and cheese. I wondered later if I may have missed that option on the menu. My partner said that he could have used a bit more lemon flavor on his crepe, as it was predominately honey flavored. I commented to may partner on the flooring design, which looked like the floor of a garage. He said that it was supposed to look that way, however not to my taste. Personally, I think the décor needs an upgrade, although there was some interesting art on the walls, depicting the construction work along Cambie street when the underground train was built. The service was very friendly and efficient. The price was right (about $20 for 2 crepes and coffee, one being a latte). We are planning to return some hot summer day for a dessert crepe with ice cream!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Sunday came, and with it there was a need for food. Leaving Main Street for Cambie is not something that happens often, but today we ventured afar. Trixi's Crepe and Coffee Haus was our destination. It was a very wintery walk!

When we arrived at 3306 Cambie (at 17th) there were only a few other customers. We took a seat near the back, took a look at the menu, and decided we were hungry. Now normally, one crepe per person is sufficient, but like I said, today was a special case. Three crepes were on order: Dave had one with pesto chicken, mozarella, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes, and Catie ordered one with lemon pepper chicken and Swiss cheese.

Both were flavourful, with generous chunks of real chicken - no sliced deli meats here, thankfully - and oozing melted cheese, both wrapped in a light crepe. The outside was done to a turn, with some golden brown crispy bits, and topped with chopped parsley.

For dessert, one crepe was clearly the best choice. Of course, I'm speaking of the raspberry jam sweet crepe. A good amount of jam, expertly made crepe, and a light dusting of icing sugar on the top. Sweet yes, but not overly so. The prices were reasonable, too - most savoury crepes are around the eight dollar mark, and none are more than $10.75. The sweet crepes are cheaper, with most costing about $6.

To drink, Dave had Orangina, and Catie had a latte. This brunch feast was quite tasty, and the cozy atmosphere of Trixi's made it all even better. Could this be the perfect brunch to warm up a winter's day?