“located on the SE corner of 26th Avenue”

Trafiq Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #51 of 145 Quick Bites in Vancouver
Neighborhood: East Vancouver
Description: Trafiq is an artesanal café & bakery. We serve breakfast & lunch in a spacious shop on Main Street. Everything is made here in our bakery, from buttery croissants to all natural breads using a sourdough starter that originated in Normandy. Our countertops are filled with scrumptious bakery delights. We have bustling lunches with fantastic hearty food. Take away or stay awhile with us in our comfy café.
Reviewed April 21, 2018

I spied the trafiq Cafe while driving North on Main Street and it's signage and presence enticed me to drop in for a quick breakfast. I opted for the ham and swiss croissant (simply delicious). I'll return soon to purchase a cake from their bakery.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 30, 2018

My family bought the lemon lavender cake to celebrate my birthday. It was delicious with yummy lavender and lemon flavours. We would definitely order from here again.
But now I want to visit in person to enjoy the coffee and another type of pastry dessert!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 7, 2018

The staff are wonderful, the coffee is superb BUT the cakes, oh my God, the cakes. In my opinion they make the BEST cinnamon buns in the world. It is always crowded but you can usually get a seat. The service is counter service with ordered food being delivered to your table. Let me begin with the toast, thick cut, toasted to perfection with jam or peanut butter. The cinnamon buns are worth travelling to Vancouver for, the other cakes and pastries are to die for. Don’t go there if you are on a diet.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Trafiq is a comfy, cozy kind of place. I went just before lunch, but managed to find a seat no problem. For a small space, they have plenty of seating. I saw the Cafe on the Food Network (Baker Sisters) and the Schnecken (gooey pecan cinnamon roll) stuck in my mind. I knew when I was in the neighbourhood sometime I would have to try it.

It did not disappoint. It was delicious. Not overwhelmingly sweet, and very caramel-y. It was big (but hey, I never complain about big baked goods!). I pondered taking a chunk to go, but persevered and slowly enjoyed it with a cup of coffee. (They give you a knife and fork - they must know people have to tackle it in bites!!)

Will definitely come back to try their gorgeous and enticing cakes, which I have heard are also lovely.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times wanting to try a different cake each time but I'm always drawn back to the salted caramel. Light and fluffy, tall cake with crunchy bits and a perfect salty and sticky caramel. Delicious and absolute perfection with a cup of orange pekoe.

Date of visit: May 2017