“You Really Gotta Here”

La Taqueria
Ranked #262 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Description: We make our tacos from traditional recipes with local, organic and sustainable products, when possible. Our menu offers different types of fillings which can be served as a Taco (soft tortilla, made locally & homemade style) or as a Quesadilla. La Taqueria was born in 2009, through the idea of creating a taco stand, which resemble the taste and feel of street tacos around Mexico. These tacos are usually the best, a real Mexican tradition.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been trying to go to as many restaurants as possible that have been featured on "You Gotta Eat Here" aired on the Food Network Canada. La Taqueria is very conveniently located in the East side of downtown Vancouver. I went right at noon and because this place is popular I had a wee bit of a wait to get in. However, the wait time was not bad and the seats turn over rapidly. I knew ahead of time what to order: four meat tacos for $9.50. There are several meat choices including beef cheeks, beef tongue, fish, chicken and pork.
The tortillas are small, thick, soft and double. They are fresh made and very tasty. All four of my choices of filling were delicious. You have choices of sauces and peppers to put on top.
Even during the rush lunch hour the servers were happy, friendly and personable.
I really enjoyed the stop at La Taqueria. It was way better than fast food type Mexican food. It should be on your list of places you must go to in Vancouver.

There are newer reviews for La Taqueria

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I like real food. I like good food. It doesn’t necessarily have to come with white linen. So, if you’re looking for delicious, authentic tacos, la Taqueira is the place to be.

I had four tacos for $9.50 and chose two Al Pastor, Pollo con Mole, and Tinga de Pollo. Al Pastor (slow roasted pork with pineapple) is usually my favourite, but it wasn’t as good as expected. However, their Mole is fantastic and the Tinga de Pollo is the best! The Tinga has chicken with chorizo in a chipotle tomato sauce topped with Mexican cheese and sour cream. They have four different vegetarian tacos as well as quesadillas, too. It made for a really great lunch with a Mexican mango pop (no high fructose corn syrup). I will be back!!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ate here with a buddy the other day, man they were great! I had four tinga de pollo tacos and a Dos equis beer for like 12 bucks. Great spot for lunch and a quick brew. All the people serving were super nice and polite. Will be back!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I loved the tacos. I had 4 meat tacos, which was $9.50. It wasn't a huge meal, but they were very tasty. I had the carnitas (which was the best one, in my opinion, and so juicy), the chicken mole, tacos al pastor, and another chicken one (which I can't recall the name of). It is a little place where you order at the counter and they take your name and bring it out to you (more like a fast food-style place). I thought it was great and would go back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Each taco is 2.50 and they are SMALL. The advantage is you can try a whole bunch of different ones but it becomes pricey especially for lunch. The tacos are delicious though - my favorite is the fish - and the service is great. Long lines during lunch but it moves fast and tables free up really quickly as well.

Right by the City Hall Skytrain stop, so it's convenient if you are in the area or don't want to find parking nearby.

I would go again!