“Charcuterie, pasta, pizza and a nice selection of red...”
Review of Campagnolo Roma

Campagnolo Roma
Ranked #648 of 3,749 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Vancouver
“Charcuterie, pasta, pizza and a nice selection of red...”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The only knock against this restaurant is that you can't make a reservation BUT that's also one of the great things about it! Its always busy but if you watch the time and get there just a bit early from the regular dinner grind you won't have any trouble getting seated. There is a small outdoor seating area facing out onto a very busy Hastings street. We've enjoyed lunch there a few times on a nice Spring day.

There is an ever changing daily special chalkboard full of fantastic choices for appies & mains. I love their charcuterie platter to share - especially the fennel sausage. Definitely on my list of favourite Italian restaurants - great pasta & great pizza. A nice wine list with some interesting selections along with a knowledgeable & helpful wait staff makes for pretty nice experience.

I have recently discovered their brunch and its one of the best in the city - perfectly poached eggs & great coffee.

• Visited September 2013

“Hubby found this place”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were visiting Vancouver and we wanted a casual place with good food. My husband went by the reviews and decided on this place. I guess where we were staying and where the restaurant was located was on two different sides of town. We drove through an "exciting" area and really were questioning the selection. We thought about not going but after finally finding it, we decided to eat there. Glad we did. The inside was very warm and there was a wait for a table. There was a little table outside and the weather was nice enough to try to sit outside. The server suggested we try a pizza so we picked two different pizzas. Both were great selections.

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Brunch! They do brunch!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've been here for dinner several times and it is amazing, but we stumbled upon there brunch menu last weekend and fell in love. It is not your usual eggs and bacon offerings. Very creative. Very Italian. The waffles are delish. I had the poached eggs which is sort of an Italian take on eggs benny. the eggs are over a stromboli! And all is cooked to perfection. They have breaky pizza (also amazing). The coffee is all espresso drinks so if you like constantly poured drip coffee, this place maybe isn't for you. And the bast part is getting in, fed, and settled up whilst looking at the people standing in line at the place accross the street. The food is quality here. And the service is great! Check it out if you are bored with the usual brunch fare!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jennD719
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Unique brunch”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Tried to go to Red Wagon across the street, but the line was too long. Walked across and was happy to try this place. Ordered the poached egg with Stromboli of rapini with fontina and hollandaise. Add the fennel-chili oil and it was perfect. Also ordered a side of the pancetta, which rounded out the meal. Husband ordered the egg-copa pizza, which was also excellent. Fun twist on a regular brunch.
Good decor for such a small space. I especially liked that I saw a chef walk out to the patio to snip some fresh thyme from the garden box of herbs.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver
“2.5 stars if I could - bad service, amazing food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went last night for dinner - pleased to get seated right away even though it was a Friday night around 8 p.m. During no time that we were there were all of the tables full and they seemed to have 3 wait staff on. It's a very small place so they don't have a lot of tables to be responsible for, and although it was busy it wasn't packed.

The waitress took our drink order right away but we waited...and waited.....and waited.....and waited to place our food order. I had to aggressively flag someone down in order to order! That made me cranky. I told the guy that we'd been waiting a really long time to order and he didn't even apologize, just said "I can take your order". Hmph. Then our food took forever to come. It's just cheese & bread (the appie) - how long can that take to prepare? We sat around with growling bellies and empty beer glasses. I finally had to pick up my empty glass and wave it at someone in order to get refills. R&B Eastside Bitter - delicious! $6.50 per glass-that-is-definitely-not-a-pint - not so awesome but I suppose becoming the norm for Vancouver.

Redeeming factor - the food, of course! Wow. I have been here before and experienced better service and good food, but the pizza was even better than I remember. They must put crack or something in that tomato sauce 'cause I would like to have a bowl of that stuff for breakfast right now! And that crazy spicy herby oil that they serve for the pizza - amazing!

I would absolutely come again but if I experienced the same absent service I don't think I would return again, or recommend it to friends. For me the service is the deal-maker or breaker, no matter how amazing the food is.

• Visited July 2013