“Loved this place”

Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
Seattle
“Loved this place”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I am not a Japanese food lover. I was vacationing in Vancouver with my 2 teenage grandsons who do love Japanese food. So I decided to go to Kishimoto. I have to say I really liked the food here! The four of us all had a different dish and we shared. Everything at the table was delicious. Service was excellent despite it being extremely busy. The place is small so expect a wait. The prices are a bit high, but we were on vacation and expected that. The food is worth it.

1 Thank dwillend

Vancouver, Canada
“Fresh Beautiful Sushi”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Despite the fact that you WILL have to wait to get into this restaurant (usually 45 min minimum, unless you get lucky), it is worth the wait. It is a little pricier than the average sushi restaurant, but if you want fresh food with good plating this is the place for you. We always ask for dishes to be changed so they are gluten free and it is never a problem. Everything is delicious. It's a must try on Commercial Dr.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Optirealist
Vancouver |Canada
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I had lunch here with a colleague. Even though we arrived shortly after 1:00 pm, we still had to wait for 20 minutes. Normally I would not have waited but I had not seen my colleague for some time so we had a lot to talk about. It was definitely worth the wait. Even though I ordered a simply vegetable bento box, it was the best bento I've ever had. The veggie tempura was crispy and crunchy and the spinach gomae was so good we ordered extra portions. The presentation of the food here is spectacular and we found ourselves ogling other diners' plates for the beautiful artistic touches, like little pony glasses of ginger and little candles. The service was highly attentive as well. Definitely recommended.

1 Thank harteld
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST SUSHI IN VANCOUVER”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is the best sushi place ive ever eaten at and ive eaten at a lot. I love taking my family here. Ive had birthday dinners here and many more. Its the best sushi place! It really takes you into a real japanese atmosphere because the workers are japanese and are all very very friendly. I could live off of this food.

1 Thank oveltone
London, Canada
“Eat with your eyes”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family took me to this excellent sushi restaurant on a recent trip to Vancouver. All was beautifully served with daikon pinwheels on artful platters. The sushi was wonderfully tasty. Excellent, attentive service. It was worth the 15 minute wait in line. We ordered crispy beet salad, shrimp tempura, tuna sashimi, ebi oshi sushi ( their specialty), omg rolls, and little princess rolls. I loved the omg rolls with crunchy tempura bits. Will definitely return on my next Vancouver trip.

• Visited July 2014