“Great location”

The New Oxford
Ranked #1,874 of 3,704 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: A nod to both the University of Oxford and British sporting culture, the New Oxford sits proudly on the edge of Yaletown, an ideal addition to Vancouver’s notoriously trendy neighbourhood. The room runs the width of the entire city block, and reveals rustic gray millwork, classic pub-style furniture and black & white photos with a pop art treatment. A 50-foot-long cantilevered bar serves as the room’s centrepiece, and leads visitors into a ‘study’ area, complete with taxidermy, original-print hardcover books, vintage sporting gear and comfortable seating. Open seven days a week, the New Oxford serves original and classic cocktails, craft beer and local, organic pub fare, with a busy brunch weekends and holidays.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I reviewed this before with a thumbs down but we were asked to try it again by the Manager, Adam. He is the key! We really would never had come back as we have so many options in Vancouver but he contacted me and enticed us with a free round and appies. We took the same folks back as we did over a year ago. This time much different! Ok, so it is still a pub with pub food but we enjoyed ourselves, the waitress was great and Adam was a treat to meet live.

Thanks for getting us to come back and we will be back soon!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dlarocqu

North Vancouver, Canada
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went to the new oxford with a group from work last week. The food was just ok (tiniest chicken wings I've ever seen), the cocktails were horrible (mostly ice) and our server was only nice after we complained to the manager. Adam the manager was very attentive and came and spoke to us and discounted our bill after we explained. He tried but the restaurant fell short unfortunately.

• Visited April 2013
brisbane
“Great place to go”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We have often popped into the New Oxford for a drink last night we also ate there. What a fabulous place. The atmosphere is fabulous, staff attentive and very helpful. Our food was very tasty. We will be back for sure!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank BrisbaneBenni
Dublin, Ireland
“Sombrero of nachos?”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My colleague's burger was bland - uncomplicated and very straightforward "like an old fashioned burger" he claimed. At $14 it seemed like a bargain compared to my choice.
I ordered the nachos as it was about the only small vegetarian friendly dish on the menu. What arrived for me was a sombrero sized horror of corn chips and melted stringy cheese, more suited to a group of 8 than a single diner. Yuck. $16 too. Ridiculous the server didn't explain the size when I asked him about it.

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Terrible Service (and she's a manager!!)”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to the New Oxford about a week ago with a bud. Our server was a manger (according to her name tag) and she just didn't seem like she wanted to be there that evening. My bud is a vegetarian and ordered some vegetarian dish. The manager took our orders and a different server brought them out. My bud started to eat and noticed it was not the right dish. The manager saw him looking at his meal came over and exclaimed "that's not what you order ....!!" She crossed her eyes with disgust brought over his proper meal flung it on the side of the table and walked away. Here's the kicker she charged him for both dishes. I didn't realize he as charged for both dishes until we left. The next day I went back to express my dissatisfaction with him being charged for both dishes (didn't mention the terrible service) to which I was told ".... it was his fault for taking a bit of the wrong meal ...." Not impressed and will not go back

• Visited February 2013