“A chocolat lover's paradise”
Review of Thomas Haas

Thomas Haas
Ranked #12 of 98 Coffee & Tea in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Ottawa
“A chocolat lover's paradise”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A mix of a coffee shop and chocolate retail location, you will find amazing chocolates, pastries, macarons and divine hot chocolate (as well coffee). It is well worth the detour if you are walking / shopping on 4th Avenue in Kitsilano to trek up to Broadway to partake. Chocolate is a great gift to bring back home.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
montreal
“A real patisserie in Vancouver”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've walked by Thomas Haas on West Broadway many times and often wondered at what was so special inside. It was either always busy-looking, or there would be a few patrons sitting at the tables outside, a pastry and coffee at their side. It looked like the kind of place you didn't rush. Today, I decided to finally visit, and man, I'm late to this party. But better late than never, right? The pastries are gorgeous, the chocolate treats sublime. Everything looks like it arrived straight from some of the best patisseries and chocolateries I visited in Paris. I had the hazelnut danish and my husband tried a sour cherry turnover. Once finished, we eyed our neighbours with envy who, wisely, had chosen two pastries each. All the servers were kind and friendly, and the small space was bustling with positive energy. I also couldn't get over the value. Pastries and other treats are priced really well for the amazing quality they are - I can name many other local bakeries where prices are higher and the goods are nowhere near this high quality. Loved it and will definitely go back. In fact, Thomas Haas is now on my list of must-visits when guests are in town.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Quality and Prestige”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
- Aristotle

From all that I've heard about this patisserie, Thomas Haas definitely lives up to its prestige. On Valentine’s Day, we visited Thomas to discover a higher quality of cuisine, and we were not disappointed. Greeting us inside the cozy interior of the patisserie was a long counter of delectable goods: hand-crafted chocolates, freshly baked pastries, and immaculately decorated cakes. Out of the wondrous selection presented, I chose the Moroccan Chicken Panini, which was simply the Panini I’ve ever had. The spiced chicken with toasted almonds, Fuji apple and watercress, all enclosed with Havarti cheese and organic ciabatta is succulent beyond words.

In all of the sights in the patisserie, we saw the same fastidiously maintained quality in both the food prepared by the staff and the design of the shop. Had we not visted on Valentine’s Day, we might have been able to sit down and eat inside the store, but we had captured all that was necessary to draw this conclusion:

No matter what you will choose, a visit to Thomas Haas is always worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Sidney, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Enjoyed lunch at this delightful place .... delicious sandwiches - my friend's portabella and my bocconcini ... but the piece de resistance is, of course, the hot chocolate! As an affirmed chocoholic, I have sampled around the world with this now among the best like Angelina's in Paris. My dark chocolate version was perfect - hot, creamy-smooth dark chocolate. The best!

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“AMAZING!! Must must must go!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Love this place. Everything is simply delicious. Love the sandwiches, the almond croissant and macaroons. Slightly pricey but oh so delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012