“Good thin crust pizza, slow service, NOT gluten free”
Review of Mainly Organics Pizza - CLOSED

Mainly Organics Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We used our groupon here and so got a great deal. LARGE pizzas are about $28 each. The pizza was good, we ordered thin crust, and enjoyed it. I think thin crust usually has LESS toppings on it, so the crust got soggy quickly, but we still enjoyed it. Service was MUCH slower than expected or promised. Reading other reviews and speaking to other clients in the restaurant told us that the 'gluten free' recipes are NOT! Good pizza, better than the average pizza.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you are celiac - DO NOT EAT HERE

I called and informed them I am celiac. I was told that they had gluten-free pizza and it was not an issue. I called that evening - ordered a gluten-free, vegan pizza. That night I was violently ill. For hours. I will never go back there again!
It was the WORST food experience I have ever had and I thought I was going to end up in emergency.
They sold me a gluten-free crust, with a topping full of gluten - the main culprit - a mock-meat called "tofurky" - don't eat it if you are celiac. It will rip out your insides.
I told the restaurant - they said SO sorry! I guess we can't offer you another pizza - no! And the owner had the gall to tell me that I had ordered a gluten-free crust! No! I ordered the whole package and the whole package has to be gluten free.
How ignorant! and how dare they ignorantly sell pizza as gluten-free when it is not. I am not on a fad 40-day gluten free diet - this is for life!

2  Thank Lesley T
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I'm not usually a fan of thin crust/slice pizzas, but Mainly Organics Pizza has definitely won me over!

I tried a slice of their Hawaiian and the pineapples were still juicy as I bit into it. The ham wasn't overcooked, but had a slight crisp to it. I also had a slice of their Classic Veggie which had mushrooms, green peppers, artichoke, zucchini, onions and olives. It was flavorful and satisfying as it didn't leave me craving for some sort of meat as a chaser.

The price is higher than the usually $1 a slice pizza joints scattered all over downtown, but you get what you pay for and it's worth every penny.

*Side note - They have gluten-free pizzas available too. Rejoice, my gluten-free friends!