“Great cocktails”

Ranked #324 of 3,995 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: We are an Apothecary themed Cocktail Lounge that serves Asian influenced share plates.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a lovely time at the Keefer Bar--went early for a drink before dinner. The bar tender, Naveen, was very knowledgeable and listened to what we wanted. He produced cocktails that were inventive and delicious. I thought the mescal Last Word was especially good--lots of layers that came together really well. The bar filled up as we were there but it wasn't overcrowded. A little dark for middle-aged eyes trying to read the menu--my recommendation is just to ask the bar tender for guidance and let him or her do the brainstorming!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

A wonderful experience! Thank you to Amanda who was the best server we can can remember in recent years! Delicious food (1/2 price before 8:00 PM) Beautiful cocktails! Very unusual concoctions and Amanda steered us in the right direction every time. So pleased we chose this venue for our get together. A+

2  Thank sgwoody
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The outdoor patio is a great summer stop. Amazed me how fast the service was given how packed it was. And the grazing food is fantastic selection of skewers and the duck tacos were delish!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm not an expert in mixology, but I have had lots of craft cocktails in many different cities, including all the top spots in Chicago -- and The Keefer beats them all. We ordered four craft cocktails and they were all fantastic, but one of my cocktails was THE BEST COCKTAIL I'VE HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I can't stop talking about it.

Of course, I can't remember the name of the amazing cocktail since I had too much fun that night. It had bourbon, tamarind juice, ginger juice, and some other kind of juice and was one of their staple drinks, suggested to me by the very friendly server. It was sooooo good.

We went around 6 pm on a Friday night and it wasn't busy at all, which was good for us. We had dinner reservations at 7, otherwise we probably would have stayed here all night -- a very dangerous prospect since, as they advertise on their menu, their drinks are all doubles and triples.

Seriously, The Keefer is reason enough for me to return to Vancouver -- it was that good.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Closed this place during a pub crawl. Fantastic setting. We got the patio seat with an outdoor firepit.

It must have been a great time, because I don't remember much.

Except the server was friendly and the shooters were great.