“Great Find”

Ranked #657 of 3,994 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: South Main
Description: We are a classic American style dinner with a chefs twist on the traditional comfort food. A nod toward Southern comfort food, an eclectic breakfast menu,a counter culture dinner. A spacious back room overlooking a park. A postcard picture view of the sunset. Truly something for everyone.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We enjoyed lunch at Slickity Jim's and it was quite good. My grandchildren loved the macaroni and cheese and the turkey burger with artichoke and Brie was delicious. The decor is a bit old and faded but that adds to the charm. The breakfast menu looked wonderful and I would like to go back and try it. Service was prompt and efficient.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Best Breakfast Ever!! If you're looking for a breakfast with an awesome variety and fresh ingredients eg. Cilantro, Goat Cheese, Homemade Jam etc. and friendly efficient service - this is the place. And bonus there is a great selection for both vegetarians and meatatarians!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

A weekend ritual is developing in our home - Sunday mornings at Slickity Jim's. Because we have a small child in our home, we get there by 9am and beat the line up. I have tried several items on the menu and so far I love them all (Je suis un petit canard is my fav so far). Some of the breakfast dishes some with a small salad which is perhaps strange at breakfast, but it really works. The coffee is great and there service even better. The staff really seem to enjoy working here. I also like being able to see the chefs at work. The eclectic mix of stuff on the walls adds a unique atmosphere. Check it out! (we haven't tried lunch or dinner yet, but we will...)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

On a Sunday morning I could not figure out why there was a line of customers waiting outside of the restaurant.When I later went inside I noticed a kitchen with a full view of the cooks. The gal tending the bar was very friendly and advisedme on a good tap beer. The food was good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

LOVED eating at this restaurant - yummy food, awesome options (I want to go back just to try all the interesting dishes I didn't have a chance at yet!), and food cooked fabulously. It's a hole-in-the-wall feel - casual, easy going, so you don't have to feel like you have to dress up for brunch. The only complaint was that the waitress was so busy that she was stressed and seemed almost irritated by our group of 7.. I still want to feel like you want my business, you know? :) But the food was so good, I still went for 5 stars. :)