“Not sure what I'm missing....”
Review of Judas Goat Taberna - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Alley between Carrall and Abbott
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked a table here for Dine Out Vancouver so my review on the food is obviously only based on what was on the fixed menu. It was...average. The restaurant location is very cool, the restaurant itself is small and cozy yet it works and you don't 'feel' the smallness. Our waitress was great. The food, again, was okay. One of the desserts was almost tasteless and unedible (rice pudding...which was more like a solid mass of white glue). My husband had the trout for his main (dry). There is beer and wine..no other alcohol and no coffee, tea, etc. The menu, truly is cold...which is noted by the lack of kitchen. There is no stove. I'm not really sure if the food is premade and reheated for the few hot options, but for the $$, I've eaten at better. Now saying all of this, I should likely try the place on a NON Dine Out night and check out their regular menu, but if this was our taste of things to come there, I'd likely not be racing back.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

After spending the day wandering Vancouver, and then going to see the Capilano Xmas lights, headed down to dinner, at Judas Goat - a slightly quirky, tapas influenced small plates bar. Fun for a intimate dinner, or just a drink and the chance to try a few different meals

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had dinner with a friend a few nights ago. The food was absolutely excellent - the tapas were better than anything we had in all of Spain earlier this year. The food is creatively prepared, the service was impeccable (ok, we were the only ones in the restaurant that night), and our server knew her food and wine inside out and made great recommendations. The potato chip & brandade appetizer is a must have! I highly recommend this small place - I hope it's here for the long run.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I really liked the food at Judas Goat Taberna. Granted, the plates are small; the restaurant is very small; the tables are small and tall like bar tables. But the food is really really good. I hope this Blood Alley venue finds its niche and is able to survive.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

another recommendation from the lonely planet that turned out to be a great little find. Judas Goat is a tiny tapas style bar in a side street where you wouldn't normally look for a great restaurant. It is tiny inside so would definitely recommend a reservation. They have about 4 tables and a bar area and an open kitchen. The food is tapas style small portions and the majority of the menu is cold with a few hot dishes. The food was excellent and freshly prepared by the chef. we had an amazing time and would definitely go here again on our next visit, service was excellent !!