Auberge Vancouver Hotel
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsterminal city clubcanada placecontinental breakfastcruise terminalgreat locationfitness clubboiled eggssmall kitchenetteyogurtwaterfront stationpool and gymquiet hotelroom servicepre cruisegas townshort walkrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times for business. The rooms are spacious with great views of the harbour. Fitness facilities are excellent. It is located in downtown Vancouver 2 blocks from the "Waterfront" terminal of the Canada Line train. The Canada Line runs directly from YVR International Airport to Waterfront terminal. For about $5 each way, the Canada Line is fast, clean, avoids all traffic congestion and is a tiny fraction of the cost of a cab from the airport to downtown - and if you every had a meeting end during rush hour and have to get from downtown to the airport quickly, you will know that a cab is not the way to go.

This is my favourite downtown hotel for business stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a harborview room for a great view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ca_86
TCCLUB, Director of Sales at Auberge Vancouver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear ca_86,
Thank you for for taking the time to review The Hotel at Terminal City Club.
We are so pleased to hear that we are your favourite downtown hotel for business stays. A while back, we realized that we are one of the best to host corporate stays. It is still somewhat of a secret that our rooms have great views of the harbour.

You are quite right about the Canada Line. I have taken it myself - and now leave my car at Terminal City Club and take the Canada Line whenever I need to get to the airport. Very convient as it is only a few blocks away.

Again, thank you. Next time you arrive, please let us know that you placed this review.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently and was very impressed with the quality of the room as well as the club amenities. The room was a reasonable size and very modern, with a firm King bed and lots of windows. The gym is much larger than most hotel gyms, which are often just crammed into spare rooms or the basement, and up on the top of the club with lots of light. Plenty of machines and even a good selection of free weights. The pool is a proper lap-pool with a glass canopy and rarely busy.

I ate at the Grill restaurant in the club and the dinner was excellent without being overpriced. In fact, the hotel room was a very good price for the quality...certainly about 1/3 less than what I would have expected to pay at a name-brand hotel like the 4-Seasons, Hyatt or Westin.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Peter J,

Thank you for your comments.

We do love to hear that our guests dining experiences are nothing short of wonderful. Dining at Terminal City Club is one of our main focuses for our members, their guests and guests of the hotel. With Easter quickly approaching, we will offering a bounty of delicious food choices with our Easter Brunch on March 31st. Hope you will be with us at that time.

If you use the lap-pool, we will be starting a challenge on April 1st that will run for 3 months. The '99km Swim Challenge'. Swim 99km (1980 laps) within a 3 month timeframe. Our members will love this challenge!

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Love this property. Close to everything and very helpful staff. Rooms are nice, big, clean and with just a little updating they could be even nicer.
My BIG complaint is that there are no magnifying mirrors in the bathrooms. It would be so simple to install and its one of those things that I expect in a higher end property. Its just annoying every time I stay here that I have to remember to pack my own make-up mirror. If the manager reads this I hope he gets on this. I can't be the only one who finds this irritating!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marcia021

Dear Marcia021,

Oh how I wish we could have make-up mirrors in our bathrooms. We have tried to add this convenience, and surprisingly, it is much more difficult than it looks.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and to let us know your thoughts. Your comment regarding the makeup mirror(s) had been forwarded to our team. At some point, we do hope to have this resolved.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was looking for a place to have some friends over after dinner, that wasn't over the top expensive, but for my husband's 40th birthday, so it had to be nice and preferably with a view. I tried somewhere new and it was a great success. Great view and great deal for downtown Vancouver.

I was a little worried about the parking as I had read reviews that it was tricky but there were signs on Cordova Street so not as difficult to find as I thought. They let me check in early to set up the room for my husband's surprise birthday. Great service, clean room, lots of space and spectacular view of the harbour from the living room and bedroom. Concierge was great (Thanks for your help Khalid!).

One small thing, I think they were doing work above the 12th floor because we heard light hammering/knocking. Not enough to complain but for a Sunday morning, maybe hold off on the maintenance until after 11am, some people like to sleep in.

Room Tip: Corner suite and higher floor, with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We sought out this hotel to spend the night before departing on an Alaska cruise. We remembered how pleased we were several years before during a visit to the area.

In addition to our prior stay, it is just a few steps from the boarding point for cruise ships. Also walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops.

The accomodations consisted of a very roomy, comfortable suite including a large living room, kitchen area and bedroom. Very nice city-scape views add to the pleasant ambiance.

Folks at the front desk & bellmen also super friendly & most helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple