Wow! Where to start...
1) The service was top notch. Some of the best treatment I have ever received at a Vancouver restaurant.
2) The décor, atmosphere and the fine touches really stand out. This place exudes class from the moment you walk in.
3) The crowd was very mature, well-dressed and classy.
4) The drinks were well made and the servers are very open to special requests and changes.
5) The Food was nothing short of amazing. The Steak Oscar, Beef Wellington and Ahi Tuna were to die for. The portion sizes were what you would expect for an upscale restaurant. The meat cut sizes were generous, but sides were very small. That being said, you can order extra sides for your meal, which there is lots of options. In our situation, we ordered a few appetizers, which were delicious (Stuffed Mushrooms & Artichoke dip with Garlic Bread) so we were satisfied.
6) Finally, we were there for a Birthday and the service staff acknowledged this every step of the way. We were treated to an amazing desert on behalf of the restaurant. As an added bonus, we met one of the head chef's along with the restaurant manager and they took the time to stop by our table and shake our hands and chat, which was a nice surprise.
Overall, we were very impressed. Black & Blue is setting the bar for customer service in Vancouver. I even received a phone call the following day from the hostess thanking us for coming (we booked our reservation online) and wishing us a fantastic weekend. Well done!!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.